• May 05, 2024, 11:23:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Koso Apollo - Oxford - ... Heated grips  (Read 438 times)

NervEasy

• View Profile
    • Personal site
Koso Apollo - Oxford - ... Heated grips
« on: June 21, 2020, 10:47:19 PM »

Hi, has anyone installed Koso Apollo or the standard oxford or any other type of heated grip?

Any points to be aware of during install? I am very interested in the Koso ones and would like to install them but changing the grips is freaking me out a bit. Getting the old ones of (without damaging them) and getting the new ones on without breaking anything...
2019 Zero S 11kw - 2020 SR/S

ESokoloff

• View Profile
Re: Koso Apollo - Oxford - ... Heated grips
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 08:25:09 AM »

I’m not sure what brand Hollywood Electric sold me but don’t think it matters much.
It’s going on 3 years 43k miles ago so I don’t fully remember the process.
I just checked & find that I have the stock grips & that are in great/un-damaged condition. Each grip has a small amount of glue just on the first inch or so of the inner (towards center of the bike) section.
Perhaps try softening up the glue first with rubbing alcohol.
You may be able to find a video on the process.
I elected to not use glue on the install as I didn’t want to have deal with it if I ever have to remove them.
Instead I used stainless steel wire placed inside the provided grooves & twisted snug (again look for a video on this). I only used wires on the throttle side. 
Eric
2016 Zero DSR

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 01:25:43 PM »

The Koso Apollo are so good I forget they're not stock. Installing them is not bad, but also not entirely trivial. They're dramatically nicer than the $35 heat elements you might otherwise have to install under the existing grips (I've used those before, had problems with the grips moving and the ugly switch had to be mounted somewhere). I also have Oxfords on a different bike but it requires mounting a large control console.

See here for my thread all about the installation I've been enjoying for 2.5 years now:
https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=7567.msg76602#msg76602
When I installed them, I sent feedback -- maybe they've improved them since.

NervEasy

• View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 10:14:57 PM »

Thank you all for your answers! So it can be done :) maybe I’ll also check 2nd hand sites.
2019 Zero S 11kw - 2020 SR/S
Pages: [1]