• May 06, 2024, 11:46:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SR/F official accessories  (Read 2007 times)

Hans2183

• View Profile
Re: SR/F official accessories
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2019, 02:51:04 AM »

Nice overview, thanks! I didn't get that weatherproof material and indeed the gap is bigger than before.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2019, 09:30:50 PM »

So I just installed the top rack kit and Shad box from Zero.  Here are some of my thoughts/advice:

1. Does anyone at Zero even try these things out before they sell them.  I encountered three ssues that should not have happened with an OEM accessory.  The first one is the bolts for the original grab bar are too long for this one.  I had to cut about 1/2" off each bolt which was really a pain. I can't believe they did not include different bolts.   Secondly, the new top rack actually interfered with the installation of the storage tray. The tray hit the rack before the bolts lined up.  It took a lot of "adjust" it to fit the tray back. And lastly, one of the bolts in the Shad mounting did not line up with the hole in the rack.  I had to drill a new hole.  All this shows a poor design on Zero's part.

2. Why no instructions for the rack kit?  I know they figure this is a dealer installed option but come on, it is simple enough for the owners to install but instructions would have been nice.

3. Lastly a tip.  I also installed the optional brake light for the shad kit.   I like this because the current brake light is somewhat obstructed by the top box.  I found the brown wire and the white wire (with either a brown or black stripe) under the storage tray was for the brake light.   I tapped into it and it worked good though every once in a while I get a brake light error that needs to be cleared.  It doesn't effect either brake light at all but must sense a larger drain in voltage that triggers an error.

4. I have yet to try it with a passenger.   I installed the backrest pad and I am interested in seeing how it works. 

Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2019, 11:57:48 PM »

So I just installed the top rack kit and Shad box from Zero.  Here are some of my thoughts/advice:

1. Does anyone at Zero even try these things out before they sell them.  I encountered three ssues that should not have happened with an OEM accessory.  The first one is the bolts for the original grab bar are too long for this one.  I had to cut about 1/2" off each bolt which was really a pain. I can't believe they did not include different bolts.   Secondly, the new top rack actually interfered with the installation of the storage tray. The tray hit the rack before the bolts lined up.  It took a lot of "adjust" it to fit the tray back. And lastly, one of the bolts in the Shad mounting did not line up with the hole in the rack.  I had to drill a new hole.  All this shows a poor design on Zero's part.

2. Why no instructions for the rack kit?  I know they figure this is a dealer installed option but come on, it is simple enough for the owners to install but instructions would have been nice.

3. Lastly a tip.  I also installed the optional brake light for the shad kit.   I like this because the current brake light is somewhat obstructed by the top box.  I found the brown wire and the white wire (with either a brown or black stripe) under the storage tray was for the brake light.   I tapped into it and it worked good though every once in a while I get a brake light error that needs to be cleared.  It doesn't effect either brake light at all but must sense a larger drain in voltage that triggers an error.

4. I have yet to try it with a passenger.   I installed the backrest pad and I am interested in seeing how it works. 

Don't feel too bad. I had the same problems as your number 1 issue when installing SHAD hard bags mounts on my BMW R1200RS.  On the other hand, I did get instructions, but they were not right for my bike. It is likely that Zero let SHAD design the mounting system and they were the ones that screwed up. Which doesn't let Zero off the hook for not making sure that there are no defects in the accessories that they received and are selling to their customers.   :(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Crilly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2019, 05:00:05 AM »

I heard December for the power tank for the Sr-f.

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2019, 01:45:47 PM »

I only have that rear rack for now from zero and then some aftermarket blinkers.

Original indicators are 10W each which seems to be a not so common value in BE. Having 6W front and rear will result in a warning on the dash and fast blinking. I ended up using 6W in the rear and 20W up front. This is working fine. Downside is I'll probably won't get notified when the rear ones cut out.

(Video is in Dutch)

My license plate is on a simple aluminum bracket mounted on the rear rack indicator lugs. I originally removed the rear fender but the first rain showed me that's just a bad idea.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---
Pages: 1 [2]