• May 05, 2024, 01:14:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CURSE You ICE  (Read 1999 times)

MajorMajor

• View Profile
Re: CURSE You ICE
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 02:37:27 AM »

What's the minimum amount of torque that can be set by the app and will actually be used by the controller?

acacia1731

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 02:45:00 AM »

Please use Eco mode or reduce your torque throttle ramp if you suspect your traction will be limited.

Easier said than done if you're using the bike off road.  Traction is rarely consistent and lower torque is not an option because you frequently need the max for unforeseen hills/obstacles.  It seems like traction control could offer a big advantage for such variable conditions, but it would have to be done well or it would just get turned off (like ABS typically is).
2015 Zero FX (off-road setup), 2013 KTM 250SX, Kuberg Cross Hero, STACYC 16EDrive

Keith

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 08:06:40 PM »

I haven't given ECO mode a chance, maybe it would help. I have learned to be very careful with the throttle off road, breaking old two stroke habits takes some time. I did see that the Sevcon has settings to limit acceleration. I wonder if ECO mode changes them. I also would set the custom top speed far below 60 for off road if I could. 35-40mph is plenty fast in the woods. But I have never thought I wanted less torque.
2016 Zero FX, 2014 KTM 1190

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 09:44:25 PM »

Eco mode makes the torque curve more gradual, so it requires a lot more wrist twist to get to the same level of torque that is available with only a slight movement in Sport. However, I,m pretty sure max torque is not available in Eco, the bike feels slower to accelerate at full throttle than in sport. It is certainly helful in wet street riding.
'15 Zero SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 10:12:30 PM »

Please use Eco mode or reduce your torque throttle ramp if you suspect your traction will be limited.

Easier said than done if you're using the bike off road.

Sure. I'm only talking about street safety, and this is a practical recommendation based on me riding year round in Seattle for three years.

I did just have a deeper thought about Sevcon configuration but will chew on that more.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 05:01:52 PM »

For those people who like to track how quickly Zero send parts out.
Streetbike called me on the 22rd to tell me the parts had arrived (handlebar and wing mirror)  ;D
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 06:14:14 PM »

Glad you're OK and the bike survived - I did run into some rain here in Ga (first in many months) and found that Eco worked wonders to keep the speed and tire on the ground.

While it might not have helped you - I try to stay a bit ti the right or left of my lane because you'll find most motor oil and diesel closer to the center of the lane where the engines are located and car tire seldom ride to get it up.

Low On Cash

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 06:15:35 PM »

Glad you're OK and the bike survived - I did run into some rain here in Ga (first in many months) and found that Eco worked wonders to keep the speed and tire on the ground.

While it might not have helped you - I try to stay a bit ti the right or left of my lane because you'll find most motor oil and diesel closer to the center of the lane where the engines are located and car tire seldom ride to get it up.
Pages: 1 [2]