• May 05, 2024, 02:12:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Colosdus taking pre orders  (Read 2023 times)

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Colosdus taking pre orders
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2022, 10:22:47 PM »

I didn't post anything theoretical; I posted real-world tests with real-world results. Do you have data?

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2022, 06:37:30 AM »

All I really know about the Livewire's 0-60 times is what I learned from these guys.  At 11:15 they are talking about it and the guy on the left says he "suspects" it could do a flat 3 secs with better tires.

Guess you can't believe everything on the internet.

From the Brandon Nozaki Miller YT channel:

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2022, 07:32:11 AM »

It probably could. We've also recorded 3.0 second 0-60s on Zeros. Thanks for contributing!

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2022, 08:32:53 AM »

Your welcome.

Oh yeah Damon was able to make a max 247hp with their motor and proprietary controller at 8k RPMs at the Frisco lab.  They will limit it to 200hp but it's nice to know huh?

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2022, 09:56:36 AM »

Truly anything is possible when you're dealing with imaginary concept bikes!

Day Trippin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2022, 07:59:19 PM »

Power is irrelevant if you can't get it to the ground. Relatively tall, short wheelbase motorcycles, ensure that you aren't getting that power to the ground effectively so it only becomes useful at higher speeds. Unless of course you want to extend the swingarm, lower the bike, etc. to really take advantage of it.

Even then, unless you spend your life at the track, or ride on some really open roads with minimal law enforcement, how useful is it other than bragging rights? So great, the motor made 247 HP, not what? Is that really going to improve 0-60 times? Unlikely as traction and wheelies are an issue, so power we be cut. So where does that really matter? Maybe getting close to triple digits or up into triple digits but wheelies can still be an issue. So how much of the 247, assuming it does, can you really put down all of the time on the street?

Sure sounds impressive though...

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2022, 02:56:42 AM »

Day Trippin you have some valid points and at the end of the day really high speed will just get you into trouble.

The specs for the HS are shooting for a sub 3 seconds 0-60.  Which will take some warm sticky tires and a rider laying down keeping plenty of weight up front resisting those pesky wheelies.

By all means enjoy your Livewire but do sign up for a test ride request if you get a chance.  You just might like the bikes Damon will offer.

Cheers. 

Day Trippin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2022, 04:02:34 AM »

I am always open to seeing if there is something better out there. I am not married to my Livewire. It worked out to be the best option at the time I was ready to buy for my typical riding. If the Damon actually turns out to be great, I will definitely consider it to add to my fleet and find a safe place to turn up the wick on it.

I will say I am extra cautious about high speeds on a public road. I once was ticked for 100 mph in excess of the posted limit which was 70 mph. So basically the highway patrol said I was traveling in excess of 170 mph. Fortunately I wasn't guilty and the officer ticketed me in error (confused my vehicle with another one). Even though the ticket was issued in error, it still took me almost 2.5 years fighting it to finally get it overturned and countless hours driving to a remote jurisdiction to appear in court.

It was a very good lesson about how this can play out if you are caught legitimately. Since then I always made sure that if I was ever going to get into the upper speed ranges my bikes and cars are capable of on a public road, I made darn sure it was in an area with no enforcement.
Pages: 1 [2]