• May 05, 2024, 04:20:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Hi, I'm Meygan from Damon!  (Read 5055 times)

Meygs@Damon

• Your front row seat to all things Damon.
    • View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
Hi, I'm Meygan from Damon!
« on: August 11, 2022, 01:22:20 AM »

Hello everyone, nice to meet you! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Meygan, Senior Marketing Manager at Damon, and I'm looking forward to sharing news and updates about Damon in this forum. I'm also available for any questions you might have so please feel free to reach out any time. We also have the Damon Lab (lab.damon.com) where we share exclusive content to members first so I recommend joining there, as well.

Looking forward to connecting with you all.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Hi, I'm Meygan from Damon!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 05:38:50 PM »

Oh snap!  Meygan has entered forum.

Guys, she's a very helpful and nice Frontline Damon contact.

You'll find some skeptics regarding what Damon is planning but getting some info straight from the source might help ease some concerns.

Welcome aboard.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 05:52:21 PM »

Hi Megan.

Senior marketing manager.

How do you view the market for the Damon product, what has been shown and what modular configurations of it?  I see a high powered motorcycle, safety features considered for an inherently dangerous activity.  Somewhere I seem to have read their pre orders account to some 5% or so for whatever slice of the market Damon considers themselves playing in.

What does holmonogomation mean?  Maybe not spelled right,  So the accessor at the town hall can tell me what the tax will be and it is approved for something like a 17 character serial number.  Clearly the electric motorcycle i got a KTM freeride chose not to do this for the USA but still are in the market.  Are you or Damon in particular going to make under 200 of each model to get around this.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 06:09:09 PM »

Fran K, real quick, your Freeride doesn't have a VIN because it's not street legal.  It's dirt only.  That's the difference.

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 06:49:41 PM »

Hi !

Let me ask eveybody's question : When will we be able to see and test a real motorcycle ? When do you think you will have enough reseller to provide after sales services ?
Please answer for Usa and for France !
Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022

Meygs@Damon

• View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 10:23:12 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcome, NEW2elec! I see you've been busy in here sharing lots of Damon content - I really appreciate it! Can you send me your mailing address to meygan@damon.com? I'd love to send you a Damon tee as a token of our appreciation.

And completely agree. I aim to provide any additional information and clarity. :) And I'm also here to listen to your feedback, 'cause I am always striving for us to improve.

Oh snap!  Meygan has entered forum.

Guys, she's a very helpful and nice Frontline Damon contact.

You'll find some skeptics regarding what Damon is planning but getting some info straight from the source might help ease some concerns.

Welcome aboard.

Meygs@Damon

• View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 10:45:18 PM »

All great questions, Fran K! We believe that Damon is the future of motorcycling. The proprietary technology that comes standard with our motorcycles all work together to provide you a better riding experience, whether it's being more comfortable in your riding position with the transforming ergonomics or having a few extra seconds of awareness with the 360° safety system. During my riding lessons, I learned that motorcycle accidents tend to occur at intersections (and usually not at the motorcyclist's fault). And I know we as riders are already way more aware of road conditions than drivers, but what if we just had a few extra seconds to react and get out of that sticky intersection situation? It could make all the difference!

And while we hope Damon can help everyone, our customers tend to be a mix of motorcyclists excited to transition to EVs, riders interested in a high-performance bike, and tech-savvy riders. There is also a portion of our customers who are new riders (who feel an added sense of security because of the safety tech) finally taking the leap, which is awesome because the number of riders have been decreasing over the past several decades. And personally, I have been so excited to hear from a few disabled ex-motorcyclists (who currently don't ride due to not being physically able to shift gears) thinking of getting back on two wheels with a Damon! The passion is real.

All of the motorcycles will follow the homologation regulations and laws where it is being delivered to, so you will have no issues registering your Damon motorcycle.

Hi Megan.

Senior marketing manager.

How do you view the market for the Damon product, what has been shown and what modular configurations of it?  I see a high powered motorcycle, safety features considered for an inherently dangerous activity.  Somewhere I seem to have read their pre orders account to some 5% or so for whatever slice of the market Damon considers themselves playing in.

What does holmonogomation mean?  Maybe not spelled right,  So the accessor at the town hall can tell me what the tax will be and it is approved for something like a 17 character serial number.  Clearly the electric motorcycle i got a KTM freeride chose not to do this for the USA but still are in the market.  Are you or Damon in particular going to make under 200 of each model to get around this.

Meygs@Damon

• View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2022, 10:53:39 PM »

Media and public test rides will be later this year and all through next year starting in Canada and the US - then Europe (including France) afterwards. I wish I can give you a specific date, Moto7575, but I can assure you we are working on it (because that's what I spend all of my time doing ;D ).  We've had some events across the US this year where you're able to come see the prototypes and live demos of a rider on the bike and we'll have several more, so if you're subscribed to our newsletter, you should be getting the latest info on upcoming events.

We'll have after sales service when the bikes are delivered. We will be building Damon service centers, working with dealers to become Damon-authorized service providers, and providing mobile service to your front door. The latter being the most flexible and with the widest coverage so riders will have support once they get their bikes.

Do you split your time in the US and France?

Hi !

Let me ask eveybody's question : When will we be able to see and test a real motorcycle ? When do you think you will have enough reseller to provide after sales services ?
Please answer for Usa and for France !

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 02:10:33 AM »

Hi !

Yes i'm between US & France but I only ride in France and this where I'll need a service center :-)
Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2022, 03:19:43 AM »

Welcome to the forum Meygan.  :)

I applaud yourself and Damon putting yourselves in the hot seat so to speak.  ;) You’ll find most members here to be passionate about motorcycles and EVs which will no doubt lead to some heated discussions. Please be patient with us.

I’ve been watching Damon with interest and I wish you folks all the success since competition drives improvement across the industry as a whole. Just understand that a number of start-ups have made promises/claims and failed to deliver so there are definitely a number of folks taking a wait and see approach.

I also look forward to an opportunity in the future to test ride one of your bikes. It was test rides that convinced me to purchase my Energica so I’m especially curious about the performance aspects of your line-up.

Again…welcome.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2022, 11:22:53 AM »

Just understand that a number of start-ups have made promises/claims and failed to deliver so there are definitely a number of folks taking a wait and see approach.

I would say the issue is more of the improbable/impossible claims made repeatedly by Damon execs. It's probably also a good thing Jay has intermediaries fielding questions because he has a tendency to throw gasoline on a fire and should be kept nowhere near public relations. What's really disappointing is the repeated insolence, arrogance, and lies.

Some people here actually know a thing or two about EVs and are capable of doing math. Consider that.

Meygs@Damon

• View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2022, 02:05:35 AM »

Oh, very nice! I'm actually flying into Paris tomorrow. :)

Not to worry, we are setting up the three options in areas we deliver to so you will have access to at least 1 of those options for service in France.

Hi !

Yes i'm between US & France but I only ride in France and this where I'll need a service center :-)

Meygs@Damon

• View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 02:22:12 AM »

The heat is what I'm here for! Haha. But in all seriousness, I see lots of passion in this forum and it's fantastic. Like I mentioned in an earlier response, I'm here to listen to whatever feedback you might have. It's the best way for us to understand what concerns you have so I can provide any information that will hopefully ease them. And also be a direct line to Damon so we can adjust accordingly based on customers' wants/needs.

Yeah, I understand the skepticism 'cause it certainly has happened before with other companies. This is the main reason we have fully refundable reservations: we want you to know your deposit is safe. The money remains untouched in a separate account only for deposits. Reservation holders can cancel at any time and get 100% of their money back. It costs us multiple processing fees to do this, but it's a small price to pay to give customers peace of mind.

Yes, I can't wait to get you all on the bikes! And as you are an Energica rider, I'd be especially curious to hear your feedback on the differences. Have you already filled out the test ride form on the website?

P.S. Love your photo! Wakanda forevaaaa'.

Welcome to the forum Meygan.  :)

I applaud yourself and Damon putting yourselves in the hot seat so to speak.  ;) You’ll find most members here to be passionate about motorcycles and EVs which will no doubt lead to some heated discussions. Please be patient with us.

I’ve been watching Damon with interest and I wish you folks all the success since competition drives improvement across the industry as a whole. Just understand that a number of start-ups have made promises/claims and failed to deliver so there are definitely a number of folks taking a wait and see approach.

I also look forward to an opportunity in the future to test ride one of your bikes. It was test rides that convinced me to purchase my Energica so I’m especially curious about the performance aspects of your line-up.

Again…welcome.

Meygs@Damon

• View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 02:31:52 AM »

Hi MVetter! I'll admit I'm not an expert, but I do know a few things about EVs and can do math... most of the time. :)

Well, hopefully I'm not throwing gasoline on this fire, but I think it might be good for you to speak to Jay directly. It can be a great opportunity to share your thoughts and get answers straight from the source. I've already asked Jay and he'd like to have a phone chat with you if you're interested. Just let me know and I'll get it set up!

Just understand that a number of start-ups have made promises/claims and failed to deliver so there are definitely a number of folks taking a wait and see approach.

I would say the issue is more of the improbable/impossible claims made repeatedly by Damon execs. It's probably also a good thing Jay has intermediaries fielding questions because he has a tendency to throw gasoline on a fire and should be kept nowhere near public relations. What's really disappointing is the repeated insolence, arrogance, and lies.

Some people here actually know a thing or two about EVs and are capable of doing math. Consider that.

Meygs@Damon

• View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2022, 02:34:26 AM »

Just a heads up, I'll be on holiday for 2 weeks visiting my partner's family for the first time in 3 years, so I'll be offline for a while! But if you need anything urgently, please email info@damon.com and someone from my team will be able to help you.

Otherwise, I'll be back soon. :) Have a great weekend everyone!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4