• May 05, 2024, 01:30:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Hi, I'm Meygan from Damon!  (Read 5057 times)

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Hi, I'm Meygan from Damon!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2022, 08:54:41 AM »

Well, hopefully I'm not throwing gasoline on this fire, but I think it might be good for you to speak to Jay directly. It can be a great opportunity to share your thoughts and get answers straight from the source. I've already asked Jay and he'd like to have a phone chat with you if you're interested. Just let me know and I'll get it set up!

We did that a couple times. And gasoline was definitely thrown onto a fire as a result. Most likely a bad idea, but I have (or had) his number. Cell still end in 0770?

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2022, 03:27:26 AM »

She's on vacation.
I can't answer your "Jay" questions but my offer to talk to you about your concerns still stands.  PM me if you'd like to talk.

If your whole issue is that you don't feel they can meet their spec goals and that's it, then that's one issue but if you have more I'd like to hear it.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2022, 12:00:46 PM »

She's on vacation.
I can't answer your "Jay" questions but my offer to talk to you about your concerns still stands.  PM me if you'd like to talk.

If your whole issue is that you don't feel they can meet their spec goals and that's it, then that's one issue but if you have more I'd like to hear it.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2022, 06:59:22 PM »

Ok Fredo.

Meygs@Damon

• Your front row seat to all things Damon.
    • View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2022, 08:40:17 PM »

Yup, that's the one! Sounds like you've already been in touch and if he's not your cup of tea, that's totally fine!

But I do encourage you to not let your personal opinions of him influence your thoughts on our bikes and Damon as a whole. The company is made of 100+ members of staff and board members, who are committed to bringing you these bikes.

And we hear your concerns - I've taken yours and other feedback from this forum to my team and we're going to share more content around what you're looking for. Our team is really small though (only 8 people in marketing) so we hope you can be patient as we do our best to get 'em out ASAP.

Well, hopefully I'm not throwing gasoline on this fire, but I think it might be good for you to speak to Jay directly. It can be a great opportunity to share your thoughts and get answers straight from the source. I've already asked Jay and he'd like to have a phone chat with you if you're interested. Just let me know and I'll get it set up!

We did that a couple times. And gasoline was definitely thrown onto a fire as a result. Most likely a bad idea, but I have (or had) his number. Cell still end in 0770?

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2022, 09:19:24 PM »

I notice the video using the Ducati footage is still being used on the Colossus page.

Meygs@Damon

• View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2022, 10:29:31 PM »

Yeah, I flagged it to the team when I initially saw your message, but this particular item didn't make it into the scheduled website update before our time off. It's scheduled to be updated in the next website update (which is going live tomorrow).

I notice the video using the Ducati footage is still being used on the Colossus page.

Meygs@Damon

• View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2022, 11:31:18 PM »

Hi MVetter! Hope you've had a great week so far.

Just got an update from our website team that the video has been replaced with a stripped down version of the ad, so wanted to thank you again for bringing that to our attention so we can get it updated.

Have a good one!

TaxFreeCharlie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2023, 04:46:35 AM »

Hi Meygan

Literally just joined this forum purely to see if there was any info out there in the public domain on order status and stories from other like minded pre order peeps like myself.

UK based
Pre ordered - 08/01/2020 - UK Date  ;)
Hypersport HS
Current estimated delivery - Late 2023

However a brief and quick skim over many of the posts it seems very lacking on info and sadly some backseat driving keyboard warriors too.

Just wondering how many pre-orders you have to make mine late 2023 or is that an indication of earliest deliveries anyway?

P.S. love to hear how many UK peeps have preordered and where my order is in the UK queue.

Charlie.

Meygs@Damon

• View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2023, 11:07:53 PM »

Hi Charlie, thanks for reaching out - and for your reservation!

For the most up to date information, I really recommend signing up for our newsletter and the Damon Lab - you'll get direct and the most up to date information from Damon. Are you already signed up for them?

As for deliveries, we are still estimating to begin this year and we'll have more information coming soon with further details and next steps for reservation holders.

Most of our European orders are from the UK though there a several factors that impacts your place in line, including model reserved, location, and date of reservation. Because you reserved early on (thank you for the UK date clarification, haha) and you have an HS on reserve (which will come off the production line after the Premiers), you'll be further up in the queue once we are ready to deliver to the UK.

Please feel free to reach out to us directly at info@damon.com for more timely responses. My apologies for keeping you waiting - I try to check this forum often, but missed it last week. Thank you again and let me know if you have further questions!

AsHperson

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2023, 10:20:19 AM »

Media and public test rides will be later this year and all through next year starting in Canada and the US - then Europe (including France) afterwards. I wish I can give you a specific date, Moto7575, but I can assure you we are working on it (because that's what I spend all of my time doing ;D ).  We've had some events across the US this year where you're able to come see the prototypes and live demos of a rider on the bike and we'll have several more, so if you're subscribed to our newsletter, you should be getting the latest info on upcoming events.

We'll have after sales service when the bikes are delivered. We will be building Damon service centers, working with dealers to become Damon-authorized service providers, and providing mobile service to your front door. The latter being the most flexible and with the widest coverage so riders will have support once they get their bikes.

Do you split your time in the US and France?

Hi !

Let me ask eveybody's question : When will we be able to see and test a real motorcycle ? When do you think you will have enough reseller to provide after sales services ?
Please answer for Usa and for France !

I'm wondering how test rides in CA are going and if there are any chances in the bay area?
Upcoming:
2023 Energica Experia LE
Current:
2020 Energica SS9
2013 Honda CB1100
Previous:
2020 Zero SR/S[LL]
1988 Honda Hawk GT[SOLD]
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS[LL]
2015 Yamaha FZ-07[TOTALED]

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2023, 12:59:45 PM »

I'm wondering how test rides in CA are going and if there are any chances in the bay area?

It's my understanding that Meyg has been fired and there are no demos

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2023, 08:28:33 PM »

It's my understanding that Meyg has been fired and there are no demos

If that is the case, it doesn't sound too good for Damon. Production of their new bikes might not be going according to their schedule. But then what else is new with electric motorcycle startups?  ::)  Plus, investors are becoming hard to find and are also very cautious due to inflation and the world's staggering economy.

Electric motorcycles are just too expensive for the mass market, where motorcycles are more of an enthusiast vehicle and the practical thing to do when you have $20K - $30K to blow is to buy a cheap car for transportation . People that use motorcycles for cheap transportation are still going for ICE and as those prices increase, more and more used bikes are being sold.

The only way an electric motorcycle company can stay in business for very long making a model that can compete with ICE right now is to make them very expensive, which limits the size of the potential market and the number that they can sell. But if you want to make your money by selling in volume you will have to stick to the relatively cheap short range suburban commuter and "city" models, where there is already a lot of stiff competition, especially by established Chinese manufactures.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

CagivaRider

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2023, 08:38:22 AM »

I wish someone from Damon was keeping a look on this forum. They did axe several of their prominent social media folks. They may feel they don't need the promotion anymore. Damon Lab is still alive and kicking. I was also part of a early adopters product interview (of which I have a NDA). That side of the company is still moving forward.
2021 Zero S
2019 Zero SR
2015 BMW F800GT
2001 Moto Guzzi V11-Sport
1987 Cagiva Alazzurra 650
1985 Yamaha RZ350

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2023, 01:45:15 PM »

I wish someone from Damon was keeping a look on this forum. They did axe several of their prominent social media folks. They may feel they don't need the promotion anymore. Damon Lab is still alive and kicking. I was also part of a early adopters product interview (of which I have a NDA). That side of the company is still moving forward.

you're the guy that thought that when Ducati made their "Octane Symphony" video showcasing the v4 Panigale that it was actually a false video showcasing a Damon bike with fake exhausts and sounds to pretend to be Ducatis but are actually Damon bikes, yes? This is you, right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4