• May 05, 2024, 05:48:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Hi, I'm Meygan from Damon!  (Read 5056 times)

CagivaRider

• View Profile
Re: Hi, I'm Meygan from Damon!
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2023, 09:35:44 AM »

But a nice thing about using a forum like this, there is some honesty here too.
Manu's who run their own forums, tend to delete ANYthing negative to their product, so if they have a turd sandwich they are trying to tell you is a slice of prime rib, you'll never see it.   Yes forums  can get spammy, or the one crybaby going on and on and on, but spam can be on the cheerleading side too, which is also just as disadvantageous to the end user.

Another problem is those forums that have sponsors.  Oh can't bite the hand that feeds them now can they?  Even if something is totally honest, but bad PR,  boop, out it goes.

I will believe a somewhat neutral forum  over a manufacturers forum any day when it comes to the straight dope.  If someone is spewing shit here, then the manu should come and 'correct' it with the truth.  If the spewer is just a troll, well that will quickly become evident and the adults will tend to ignore them then.

If I was selling a product, Id welcome chat in other forums, because other forums that have a decent rep, like this one, will give the impression that it's not just a fanboy echo chamber, or a trolls lair.    Just My Opinion.

Aaron

I too believe a neutral site is the best option. The Damon Lab site doesn't seem to be deleting negative comments. There have been some very pointed postings about their delayed deliveries, as well as technical issues. I posted a comment on Damon Lab right after my earlier one here that suggested they should have a presence on this forum. Damon has active postings on LinkedIn almost every day, albeit more consumer polls than technical issues.
2021 Zero S
2019 Zero SR
2015 BMW F800GT
2001 Moto Guzzi V11-Sport
1987 Cagiva Alazzurra 650
1985 Yamaha RZ350

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2023, 12:16:50 PM »

If you really want to keep on the cutting edge, subscribe to Jay's instagram so you can see his constant lavish vacations to first class resorts around the world and front-row ticket seats to sporting events and also where he ships entire containers of gas bikes to Europe so he can ride in the mountains the way he wants.

he's very hard at work

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2023, 11:30:34 PM »

Dom (the CTO and co-founder) left, they laid off nearly a dozen employees, and Jay has gone radio silent.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 12:04:34 AM by MVetter »

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2023, 02:50:01 AM »

It is a tough world out there. Especially, when you over-promise unique features, specifications and delivery dates.  :(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2023, 09:17:50 AM »

Deliveries?

We don't need no steenkin Deliveries !!  >:(

Aaron
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]