• May 05, 2024, 02:36:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: And the vaporware news continues...  (Read 1225 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: And the vaporware news continues...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 08:20:23 PM »

https://electrek.co/2024/01/09/five-years-in-damon-still-says-its-hyperfighter-electric-motorcycles-are-coming/

Keep those pre-sale deposits coming in. Or perhaps start up a GoFundMe donation to help keep Damon barely alive and twitching.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 10:46:38 PM »

Wasn't there someone here who recently bought a lightning or something? one of the vapor bikes?
Sure got quiet they did.
Probably too busy setting world records all over.

Aaron

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 12:20:38 AM »

Wasn't there someone here who recently bought a lightning or something? one of the vapor bikes?
Sure got quiet they did.
Probably too busy setting world records all over.

Aaron

Check out the last thread in the Lightning forum for more information regarding that purchase.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 02:50:45 PM »

DAmon. FIGHTER OF THE NIGHTMAN.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 11:27:33 AM »

Well the article from Electrek says they have:

The company isn’t only sitting on a pile of patents, but also a stack of more than $70M in funding so far. Damon also touts over $85M in deposit-backed reservations, representing at least 3,400 pre-ordered motorcycles.

While all of Ideanomics is listed at $19.65M

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/IDEX?p=IDEX&.tsrc=fin-srch

Morgan tell us when someone buys Energica, or when the asking price is a couple hundred bucks I might pick it up for myself.

Because this offer from the Energica website seems kind of like a cash starved company.

"Buy any of our models (EGO+, EVA Ribelle, Eva Ribelle RS or EsseEsse9+) through January 31st, 2024. We’ll guarantee your trade-in value equal to 90% of the original purchase price to put against any new Energica motorcycle!

Sounds too good to be true?  Let us tell you more."

Of course you could just pick this one up with 1700 miles used for $18k.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2023-Energica-EVA+RIBELLE-5026712178

Makes you wonder what they would do with a fleet of 2 year old bikes that they paid (or credited you) 90% for.  Lose 7-8 grand on each one of them?  Who cares right.  Money means nothing in Italy.

But hey I'm sure they will still be in business to cover this great promise so get rid of that old SS9 and ride that 23 dream bike.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 02:07:28 PM »

Well the article from Electrek says they have:

The company isn’t only sitting on a pile of patents, but also a stack of more than $70M in funding so far. Damon also touts over $85M in deposit-backed reservations, representing at least 3,400 pre-ordered motorcycles.

While all of Ideanomics is listed at $19.65M

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/IDEX?p=IDEX&.tsrc=fin-srch

Morgan tell us when someone buys Energica, or when the asking price is a couple hundred bucks I might pick it up for myself.

Because this offer from the Energica website seems kind of like a cash starved company.

"Buy any of our models (EGO+, EVA Ribelle, Eva Ribelle RS or EsseEsse9+) through January 31st, 2024. We’ll guarantee your trade-in value equal to 90% of the original purchase price to put against any new Energica motorcycle!

Sounds too good to be true?  Let us tell you more."

Of course you could just pick this one up with 1700 miles used for $18k.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2023-Energica-EVA+RIBELLE-5026712178

Makes you wonder what they would do with a fleet of 2 year old bikes that they paid (or credited you) 90% for.  Lose 7-8 grand on each one of them?  Who cares right.  Money means nothing in Italy.

But hey I'm sure they will still be in business to cover this great promise so get rid of that old SS9 and ride that 23 dream bike.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2024, 03:08:09 PM »

Remember boys and girls when Morgan can't face bad news he pretends to ignore it.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2024, 03:17:18 PM »

what news

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2024, 07:53:05 PM »

Could also be a form off advertising.
Let's see, spend a few million dollars on advertising on the radio, and internet, which nobody pays attention or listens to anyways, or just put the money into a bike program, to get the bikes on the street, let them be SEEN and that is their advertisement.  If they play it right and refurb them in the US, which they could easily do in their San Fran shop, they can then sell them as Dealer Certified Preowned, and should still qualify for 3 to 4k of unca sammy's bonus buxxx for buying electric.  Now sell those with a bit of a Fed Incentive package on it, and recover most of your investment.

I am sure there are many more out there as well, besides the few people who will turn theirs in, this also gives them spare parts, for when things start breaking down in a few years, for people  to buy rebuilt parts for their bikes, much like the alternator you buy for your car is a rebuild, water pump etc etc. 

Have you written to them asking what their plan is, what is their thinking behind the deal?  It would be interesting if they share with us, what they are up to.  Batteries typically last 8 years or so, they could still flip them, and offer a 3 or 4  year warranty on the battery STILL, and sell at a lower price for those who'd love to get an e bike, of any kind just balk at the price of them.

Im sure they have some kind of plan, but you are correct, it'd be interesting to hear what they are up to now!!

Aaron

PS  I paid for my new bike the beginning of this year, im getting it today.  Ill try to post pictures today IF it's not pouring out, if not Ill get them up tomorrow.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2024, 08:20:08 PM »

What is the news here? Miach Toll writes another article.  I would gather from what I read that Damon never really bought any battery cells or some sort of assembled battery components yet and now has dropped the name of a battery cell making company.  Damon I recall has stated they use 2170 cells but the article doesn't mention if that is still the form factor.

If you still want a Damon motorcycle, do you still have to make a deposit agree to terms and conditions that involve paying in full before the motorcycle is shipped?  This aspect should be covered in the article.  Most all of Miach Toll's articles after the Sondros articles in my opinion.
Pages: [1]