• May 04, 2024, 09:18:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Unofficial Manual updates based on Zero's SRF  (Read 8979 times)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Unofficial Manual updates based on Zero's SRF
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2019, 06:53:48 AM »

Here are more maintenance oriented notes:
- The hard plastic belly cover for the controller is (EDIT: corrected by Zero customer service) NOT designed or rated to support the bike on a center lift.

I've corrected the above statement. I'm not sure whether when I was asked that I misunderstood the answer, but I was sure I heard that the controller belly cover could lift the bike. It might, but it's not intended that way and Zero doesn't rely on it.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2019, 01:29:31 AM »

AF1 Racing now has some SR/F spare parts up on their website. Amngst them the drivebelt which now has 151 teeth and is 20 mm wide.

151 Teeth, 11mm Pitch, 20mm Width 

https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=3323&description=2020+Zero+Motorcycle+Spare+Parts+Catalogs
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2019, 03:21:58 AM »

AF1 Racing now has some SR/F spare parts up on their website. Amngst them the drivebelt which now has 151 teeth and is 20 mm wide.

151 Teeth, 11mm Pitch, 20mm Width 

https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=3323&description=2020+Zero+Motorcycle+Spare+Parts+Catalogs

The price for the replacement belt remains pretty reasonable.  Only a price increase of $20 over the 2018 belt and $60 greater than the 2014's belt (if I recall correctly).  A lot better than the $527 that BMW wants for the drive belt used on their F800GT model.  :o
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

FuzzyTrace

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2019, 11:02:38 PM »

Has anyone come across exact paint codes yet?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2019, 10:55:52 AM »

I'm moving work over to the unofficial manual, using a placeholder Talk page for the SRF model for now:
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Talk:SRF_Model

rogerdata

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2019, 10:37:24 PM »

Reading through the owners manual for the third time while patiently waiting for the SR/F to arrive, I have noticed two small things that I am not sure was mentioned here

1) The turn signals are auto canceling.  Nice feature for those of us whose memory is not like it used to be when they were younger.

2) The keys are chip keys.  This may be a pain for some who have a tendency to lose keys but it may save a little on insurance and help with theft.
I have not found my turn signals to be self cancelling. If this is supposed to be a feature it is not working on my SR/F. I wish it would however since I often forget to cancel them.

gadgetgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2019, 12:50:37 AM »

I have not found my turn signals to be self cancelling. If this is supposed to be a feature it is not working on my SR/F. I wish it would however since I often forget to cancel them.

I've found my turn signals self-cancelling, but it takes them a super long time, maybe 60s. I'm hoping they fix their algorithm with a firmware patch (assuming they have a tilt sensor or accelerometer in there to use).
Current: 2020 SR/F Premium Seabright Blue (J1772)
Former: 2011 VRSCDX Sedona Orange

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2019, 10:28:12 AM »

I've found my turn signals self-cancelling, but it takes them a super long time, maybe 60s. I'm hoping they fix their algorithm with a firmware patch (assuming they have a tilt sensor or accelerometer in there to use).
Can you video this turn signal self-cancelling action (with a timecode overlay) for reference?

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2019, 05:58:48 PM »

Reading through the owners manual for the third time while patiently waiting for the SR/F to arrive, I have noticed two small things that I am not sure was mentioned here

1) The turn signals are auto canceling.  Nice feature for those of us whose memory is not like it used to be when they were younger.

2) The keys are chip keys.  This may be a pain for some who have a tendency to lose keys but it may save a little on insurance and help with theft.

The self cancelling feature works on my SR/F but it does indeed take what feels like a very long time, though is not more that a minute.
It should be like 30 seconds or so, not a minute.
2020 Zero SR/F

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2019, 06:56:24 PM »

In most motorcycles that have self-canceling signals it is based on time AND distance.  In other words, once the motorcycle has covered a measured distance (usually around 120 feet) AND the signal has been on for a specific period of time (30 seconds?) then the signal is canceled.

Harley Davidson had a third condition, throttle roll-on, because typically once out of the turn you roll the throttle back on.  Not sure what the criteria may be for the SR/F, I only know what other manufacturers have done in the past.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

dalamario

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2019, 07:02:57 PM »

All (SR/F) bikes have self-cancelling turn signals.  It is not a time-based cancelling, it's distance and does not look at lean angle to detect the turn (at the time of this writing).  The feature is aimed to prevent running down the highway/freeway with your turn signal on after a merge with traffic.  The feature is not aimed to be used to replace manual cancelling around town.  It's a safety net.

ZeroBrian explained how it works on SR/F on the other thread.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2019, 12:17:42 AM »

Thanks for rounding up more information, all.

mwbales

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2019, 02:32:27 AM »

Just picked my new red SR/F today.  It's my second Zero after my 2017 DSR. It's interesting to me that after having kept a list of "suboptimal" things about my DSR, the SR/F fixes 23 of them (!) and is only missing 4 to make it a perfect bike:
  • TPMS (for safety. for now I use aftermarket.)
  • Cruise control up/down/resume
  • Incandescent turn signals (really?)
  • Keyless operation (hey, my Tesla has it!)

A tip I haven't seen here: if you try to edit the "Custom" mode from the App, all the controls are greyed out.  But when you create your first user-created mode (and remember to make it "active"), it gets installed on the bike, and in the app all the controls are adjustable.

One thing I haven't yet figured out is the Cellular connectivity.  If I can't get it sussed today I'll call Zero on Monday.  If anyone knows how to activate that, I'd love a pointer or two.

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2019, 03:03:14 AM »

Just picked my new red SR/F today.  It's my second Zero after my 2017 DSR. It's interesting to me that after having kept a list of "suboptimal" things about my DSR, the SR/F fixes 23 of them (!) and is only missing 4 to make it a perfect bike:
  • TPMS (for safety. for now I use aftermarket.)
  • Cruise control up/down/resume
  • Incandescent turn signals (really?)
  • Keyless operation (hey, my Tesla has it!)

A tip I haven't seen here: if you try to edit the "Custom" mode from the App, all the controls are greyed out.  But when you create your first user-created mode (and remember to make it "active"), it gets installed on the bike, and in the app all the controls are adjustable.

One thing I haven't yet figured out is the Cellular connectivity.  If I can't get it sussed today I'll call Zero on Monday.  If anyone knows how to activate that, I'd love a pointer or two.

Not bad, only 4 of 23...  My main requirement was traction control, and they nailed that one.

I did not have to do anything for the cellular to work (that I can recall).  Once I paired the mobile app with bluetooth, the remote features (limited as they are) worked without issue once disconnected from bluetooth.

It's amazing how annoying keys are once you get used to not needing them.  Our Volvo and Honda both are keyless.  Not so much with my 1990 Miata, or my Zero...

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

mwbales

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2019, 03:46:31 AM »

Doh! Figured out the cellular connectivity issue.  Once I *registered* on the App (which I skipped while at the dealer), it just connected right up.  I suppose some sort of error message or suggestion might have been appropriate, but in truth, it was "pilot error."  Well, got everything squared away, new "Commute" profile all set up, and have verified that the remote connectivity works.  Looking forward to knowing when to go downstairs to move the new bike while charging at work!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]