• May 15, 2024, 10:18:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bad feeling Zero is going to fall behind with the SRF  (Read 1661 times)

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Bad feeling Zero is going to fall behind with the SRF
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2019, 09:06:04 PM »

No, that is not offered by Zero.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2019, 08:32:46 AM »

I’ve noticed in the last six years I’ve owned a Zero that one can nurture anxiety about any topic within electric motorcycles without any provocation.

It’s valid to consider Zero’s charging choices risky for the reasons discussed. Let’s wait and see what happens. Adopt the bike or model that suits your needs now, and hedge your bet however works for you personally.

I don’t need to upgrade now, and the SR/F isn’t exactly the model for me, so I’m waiting for what 2020 offers on this new platform, but if I bought one now, I’d get the 6kW option and wait to see what third party option or other upgrade manifests.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2019, 08:56:26 AM »

Agree with Brian.  My "S" does everything I need it to right now, and it's already paid for.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2019, 05:55:13 PM »

After riding the SR/F, I've got less of a bad feeling about it.  It's a cool bike.

It's just a blast to ride which might buyers once again look past range shortcomings.

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2019, 07:43:16 PM »

I agree with Brian also. I love my DSR. It's perfect for my current needs except 30 miles extra highway range would be nice for an occasional ride to st George UT (about a 100 mile round trip at highway speeds with no place to charge along the way) but there is nothing else on the market that can do that either.
Looks wise, I don't much care for the frame on the SR/F. Personally, I think think Harley did a beautiful job on the livewire with it's swooping frame design, but lousy job on the drive train with it's noisy bevel gearbox. And no way would I spend $30,000 for it.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2019, 10:40:06 PM »

An article I saw said that the 12kw charging is done from 2 J1772 plugs, one for the 6 kw on board and one for the 6 kw charge tank.
[/quote]

This might seem like a dumb question, but how can you connect more than one j1722 plugs to the Zero? Does it have more than one port?
I've noticed zero advertising you can charge the bike in one hour using 3 chargers at once and always wondered how that works at a public charge station.
[/quote]

I've heard of some of the guys using a Y-adapter that combines two outputs into one.  I don't know if the charge task provides an extra socket or integrates with the onboard chargers. 

In the UK, most L2 charging posts provide about 7kW.  The rapid chargers (L3) are mostly CHAdeMO and CCS, but some of them provide AC via a Mennekes plug.  I believe these usually provide up to 21 or even 43kW, so they would work well if all three chargers integrate into one socket on the bike.
Pages: 1 2 [3]