• May 04, 2024, 01:25:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Newbie Question on Diginow  (Read 1783 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Newbie Question on Diginow
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 09:52:39 AM »

Snow4us, you "can" use the tank option but now they have a setup where you use the space under the bike where the onboard charger is now.  It's the same size pan but you take off the Zero onboard charger and replace it with the diginow charger(s).
It lets you keep your storage tank or power tank if you'd like.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 04:10:47 AM »

The tank install location is still the default method. They do support Zero's Charge Tank plastics, and Zero has provided a separate tank centerpiece and J1772 inlet support bracket on request.

The onboard charger replacement method is still being refined, although I'm hearing good things about how they're learning to work with Zero's systems better and manage cooling in the confined space within the stock belly pan (while not touching the battery case to avoid unnecessary thermal conduction). There's also the prototype replacement belly pan.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 06:05:55 AM »

Snow4us, you "can" use the tank option but now they have a setup where you use the space under the bike where the onboard charger is now.  It's the same size pan but you take off the Zero onboard charger and replace it with the diginow charger(s).
It lets you keep your storage tank or power tank if you'd like.

It doesn't quite fit in the same space.  You loose a little clearance, but very tolerable for most of us.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

Snow4us

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 12:40:19 AM »

Still not sure of the answer to my question.  Is there room to install 2x superchargers in the tank area without having to order the chargetank plastic?  I was under the impression that only 1 supercharger would fit under the stock tank.   

As for the new solution using the original charger placement/ pan mod, this looks very attractive as it would allow for the addition of the powertank.  This option also keeps the additional weight of the superchargers low.  Are there any people that have DIY installed the pan mod?  Does this install allow you to keep the stock charger for additional charging capacity?

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 01:32:48 AM »

> Still not sure of the answer to my question.  Is there room to install 2x superchargers in the tank area ...

I think terminology is getting in our way.  A diginow "supercharger" v2 is a control unit, and 1-2 bricks for a single J-plug, perhaps more if your Zero has extra battery capacity.

Two bricks fit comfortably in the empty tank area under the factory plastics.  Brandon's machined aluminum piece with a pair of fans exhausting through the steering is very effective.

Third brick is a trick, but Anton and Brandon have done it successfully.  Cooling becomes the issue and perforation might be necessary.

Ordering plastics, hmmm... do you have a storage area in your plastics?  Do you mind cutting it away?  I think that's why people order plastics.  But you wouldn't have to.  Personally, my tank plastics are in storage, and I'm using a honda CBR600RR cover I got on ebay.  But you may be more finicky about fit and finish than I am.  Most people are : - )

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

anton

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 08:52:42 AM »

Still not sure of the answer to my question.  Is there room to install 2x superchargers in the tank area without having to order the chargetank plastic?  I was under the impression that only 1 supercharger would fit under the stock tank.   
You don't have to order ChargeTank plastic if you're OK with DIY solution. I went ahead with PowerTank plastic since back then that was the only option; now I believe stock locking plastic makes it a breeze. I managed fit 3x units under stock tank.

Snow4us

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 09:22:56 PM »

You don't have to order ChargeTank plastic if you're OK with DIY solution. I went ahead with PowerTank plastic since back then that was the only option; now I believe stock locking plastic makes it a breeze. I managed fit 3x units under stock tank.

Thanks Anton.  DO you have any photos you can share of how you were able to squeeze the three chargers in?

anton

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 11:22:59 PM »

Thanks Anton.  DO you have any photos you can share of how you were able to squeeze the three chargers in?
Here you go :)

Pages: 1 [2]