Makes And Models > Brammo Forum

Empulse TT vs Empulse R

<< < (2/2)

kingcharles:
65 miles at highway speed is not possible.
Perhaps if you slipstream behind a trailer @ 55mph you can make it without a recharge.
Doing 70mph the whole trip is not possible for sure.

frodus:
It definitely is possible on an Empulse. I've done it on my Empulse R a couple times..... that being said, it is close, but it will do it.

One instance, I went from my house to Longview Washington (about 60 miles away) a year or two ago. Left with full charge, highway speed the entire time (speed limit was 55-65mph and I didn't baby the throttle a ton) and I arrived with between 10 and 15% left.

Another time I went to and from work 3 times in one week without charging. 26 miles round trip, 20 highway another 6 were side roads. Got to and from work just fine, but it cut too close for comfort. I wouldn't do it again, but could in a pinch. Arrived at the crest of our hill and hit LVC. Turned it off, waited 5 minutes and it restarted enough to creep up the hill and down to my house.
=

shayan:
I'll get a new Empulse TT soon. I really think 65 miles should be possible. Maybe more with a windscreen.  I'll keep it posted.

shayan:
An update on my Empulse TT:

I'm happy to say that i've been averaging a good 75miles on freeways with an average speed of 65mph. I do have the MRA universal racing windshield. I dont do too much of baby throttling. With some slipstreaming and tucking into the windshield more, i guess 80 miles is definitely achievable. typically at about 65mph the power consumption on the dash shows about 7.5kW-8kW average. Which means, at that rate i could consume 8kW in one hour and have travelled 65 miles. I would still be left with 2.4kWh more probably be able to do around 15 miles more.

With mixed conditions i think i get close to about 1 mile per % of battery consumed, which equates to 100 miles. I think thats about the max i can get unless i really baby throttle it it may push it to another 10 miles more.

All in all i'm very happy about the range so far. The only thing i've seen so far is that the rate of charge is at 2.5kW (24A) and i know the charger is rated at 3kW. Not sure why the charger is not able to output more than 2.5kW. So far i have only charged from chargepoint stations and not sure if any other network would give different results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version