• May 14, 2024, 11:35:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Firmware version check  (Read 2590 times)

macstructures

• View Profile
Re: Firmware version check
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 09:53:22 AM »

Wow... i decided to check the Firmware today and this is the info that I downloaded.
Zero MBB log

Serial number      2015 XXXXXXXX 34
VIN                53XXXXXXXX27
Firmware rev.      40
Board rev.         3
Model              DSR

I guess it is a 2015 not a 2016?

and I have version 40 should have 51, will call dealer tomorrow and get it update.... and I bought it less that 2 months ago. Ill post details after update... if version is different.

Any other info I should double check to make sure all is running OK?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:56:25 AM by macstructures »
Zero: 2016 DSR
HD: Rocker C 08 / Sportster 1200L 09

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 10:05:15 AM »

Wow... i decided to check the Firmware today and this is the info that I downloaded.
Zero MBB log

Serial number      2015 XXXXXXXX 34
VIN                53XXXXXXXX27
Firmware rev.      40
Board rev.         3
Model              DSR

I guess it is a 2015 not a 2016?

The serial number is for the MBB, not the bike. The MBB and BMS both might be enumerated for the prior year, probably because of when the batch of hardware was produced for a revision.

The VIN can be decoded this way:
http://home.hasslers.net/zerologparser/
Reference: http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Unofficial_Service_Manual#VIN

and I have version 40 should have 51, will call dealer tomorrow and get it update.... and I bought it less that 2 months ago. Ill post details after update... if version is different.

Yeah, the dealer didn't update your firmware and should. Be polite about it; it's just an oversight.

Any other info I should double check to make sure all is running OK?

Check it like any other motorbike, but it's probably fine.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

macstructures

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 10:32:23 AM »

Yeah, the dealer didn't update your firmware and should. Be polite about it; it's just an oversight.

Check it like any other motorbike, but it's probably fine.

Yes.. I actually bought it 6 hrs from here... and I'm going to a local dealership... they are really nice and helpful.

I was talking about the download report, any other info that I should look for? to make sure it is up-to-date. Thanks.

VIN decoded:
Decode Results for 53XXXXX27
Year   2016
Make   Zero
Type   S/SR/DS/DSR Platform
Line   DS/DSR/DSP 13.0
Model   SR/DSR
HP   16kw 75-7R
Plant   California, Scotts Valley
Color   Red (SR) or Black (DSR)
Valid?   true

All good... thank you again.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:40:42 AM by macstructures »

macstructures

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 04:07:43 AM »

Is there a fee from the dealer to update the firmware or it is paid by Zero?

Is it really necessary to do the update? There are several post in here that things are not working properly after the update. Like when you update a computer... sometimes the new version has a bunch of things that are not really useful.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:23:00 AM by macstructures »

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 04:25:47 AM »

Is it really necessary to do the update? There are several post in here that things are not working properly after the update. Like when you update a computer... sometimes the new version has a bunch of things that are not really useful.

You mean like when Windows 10 does an update.   :o
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

2014ZeroSR

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 07:43:37 AM »

macstructures - Is there a fee for the owner? Nope, Zero takes care of that.
There's also been a discussion about 'motor commissioning' concerning who pays. I understand that's also Zero's responsibility.

Long answer - Please take the time to read the very first thread on this forum titled: Email From Zero: Updated Firmware and Charging Recommendations. It's currently seven (7) pages long but well worth the read.

Another document well worth your time would be to scan over the 'Zero Unofficial Service Manual'.

macstructures

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2017, 08:04:28 AM »

macstructures - Is there a fee for the owner? Nope, Zero takes care of that.
There's also been a discussion about 'motor commissioning' concerning who pays. I understand that's also Zero's responsibility.

Long answer - Please take the time to read the very first thread on this forum titled: Email From Zero: Updated Firmware and Charging Recommendations. It's currently seven (7) pages long but well worth the read.

Another document well worth your time would be to scan over the 'Zero Unofficial Service Manual'.

OK, I called the local dealer and they said that I will have to pay for 1 hr of labor, I think it is $95. I bought the motorcycle at another dealership, 6hrs from here, they had better incentives / discounts on the motorcycle price, if it was not that far I will go there.

OK.. I read before part of both documents... and learn a lot... it help me add a power adapter (cigaret lighter) on my motorcycle, by following the info on the "Zero Unofficial Service Manual" and advise from other members... always helpful.

I will read more today... thanks.

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 12:07:30 AM »

OK, I called the local dealer and they said that I will have to pay for 1 hr of labor, I think it is $95. I bought the motorcycle at another dealership, 6hrs from here, they had better incentives / discounts on the motorcycle price, if it was not that far I will go there.

yeah.. dont pay that $95.
they sell zero motorcycles, that means they do warranty work.
assuming this is a new bike, under warranty, then they can charge their labor to Zero.
It doesnt matter that you didnt buy the bike from them.

macstructures

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2017, 09:58:17 PM »

yeah.. dont pay that $95.
they sell zero motorcycles, that means they do warranty work.
assuming this is a new bike, under warranty, then they can charge their labor to Zero.
It doesnt matter that you didnt buy the bike from them.

Correct... I call them tomorrow. All dealers here in Kansas as closed on Sundays and Mondays. Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]