• May 06, 2024, 03:54:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Questions to SRF owners  (Read 1159 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Questions to SRF owners
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2019, 07:08:57 PM »

36 front and back on the SR/F.  The manual is actually available online if you're curious about other stuff like that.

Funny story: My bike was feeling a little squirmy, and it dawned on me that I hadn't checked the pressure since I took delivery about 2 weeks prior.  Gave it a check and, surprise, I found my rear tire was dangerously low.  In less than 500 miles I'd managed to get a slow leak courtesy of some random ass piece of metal in the road.

The same thing happened to me earlier this year. I just couldn't find the object and didn't want to pull the tire off the rim to find the nail and repair the leak properly. So I filled the tire with an 8 oz bottle of tubeless tire Slime bought at the local O'Reilly auto accessory store and that has solved the slow leak for past 2K miles.  Last week I finally located the very thin finishing nail in the outside of the tire, but decided to leave it there as my tire is getting close to needing to be replaced.  Slime beats elbow grease in this case.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 [2]