• May 04, 2024, 12:37:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Yet Another Zero S 6.5 Review  (Read 5156 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Yet Another Zero S 6.5 Review
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2017, 09:49:50 PM »

I keep comparing the problems heard on some other more-established-brand motorcycle forums (such as BMW) with the ones that I read on this forum. They tend to be similar in concept.  Which just goes to show you that every mechanical device can have issues and certainly, Zero as a very young company that is trying to rapidly develop a new transportation technology, is not immune to various assembly and component QC problems.  While there is certainly nothing wrong with their basic design, there is no question that Zero, its dealers and its customers, could all benefit from better and more rapid communication and response from the factory when something goes haywire.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

rider7

• 2017 DSR, 100% wind charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2017, 09:07:05 AM »

My Zero is incredibly useful to me.  It does what I ask of it far better than a car, and ICE bike, or a scooter could. 

It's ugly and devoid of personality. 

Adan, stop insulting my beautiful Electric Lady... :)) ;D ;D :D :D

I don't know what model you bought, but heck.... my 2017 DSR is beautiful all around.
I get compliments from women and hard drinking men even.....

No seriously, I think zero knocked this out of the ball park. It is a unique, sleep and elegant line that flows and soothes my esthetic sense every time I walk up to it.
Well, maybe it's just me.

But I do hear you, you love it for the function and you wanted to make the point towards the cult thing....

Rider7

« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:47:41 AM by rider7 »
32 years of almost every day riding all year round.

kingcharles

• 1st Empulse E1 owner in NL
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2017, 03:59:50 PM »

JCB444 has his facts wrong. But rather than statistically debunking his claims we are lured into emotional replies and discussions.

I think that he's had a bad experience with his Zero and he has found this forum as a way to release some of his anger.
In one post he is even claiming that Zero is about to go chapter 11, very unprofessional!

I own a Brammo Empulse and would not hesitate to buy a Zero as a replacement in a few years. So even for the critical buyer (which I think I am) the Zero is a good product.

As long as they keep improving the bikes yoy as they have been doing,  there is only growth for Zero.
Once you go EV, gas is history!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]