• May 04, 2024, 12:10:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: stereo for S  (Read 1133 times)

ammonsh

• View Profile
stereo for S
« on: May 24, 2014, 07:43:08 PM »

Has anyone installed a sound system?  Recommendations?  How do you power it?

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: stereo for S
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 08:38:33 PM »

If it was me, I would strap on a cheap boom box powered by dry cell batteries to the passenger seat and call it a day.  But then I am not much of an audiophile.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

DynoMutt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 01:19:28 AM »

Helmet Speakers or headphones, be kind to those around you.

https://idashmotorcycle.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/us-motorcycle-headphone-laws/

aelwero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 12:55:58 AM »

sena SMH10.  bluetooth to your phone, speakers velcro on the inside of the helmet.  Love mine, the jog dial forwards tracks on my android (with gloves on) and loud enough for even my half helmet, but just a tad tinny at full blast.  recharges just like a phone, and the phone does the tunes via pandora, so no bike power required.

you can also make phone calls on it, but I sort of left the microphone off completely...  one, because safety third, and two, because I generally hate answering my phone when I'm not riding, and it certainly isn't something I want interrupting the ride :)

"Popular culture believes that Americans no longer want to make anything themselves... that they are happy to have somebody else do it for us.

I've never believed this. The US is full of capable and brilliant designers and dreamers. I encourage you to be one of them. You can do this"

Craig Vetter

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 05:45:03 AM »

I have a SMH10, it has been sitting taken apart on my desk now for over a year. Been meaning to fix it as it only lasted half a year before the contacts gave out and I was getting sound in only one ear then no ears >_<

I guess it didn't like being taken off and put on twice a day.
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

ColoPaul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 07:03:15 PM »

I've had one of these for 2+ years now.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/51857/i/uclear-digital-hbc100-bluetooth-communicator

Works really good. Battery life is 12+ hours.
2012 S ZF6    03 BMW K1200GT

ivaniclixx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 04:32:30 PM »

I used a bluetooth battery powered speaker attached using a hard drive magnet (plug and play).

It was called "Fizz" or something like that, and i bought it from amazon at at price tag of 25Eur aprox (like 30USD).

It was pretty audible up to 100-120Km/h... :-)

Attached 2 pictures.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 04:56:22 AM »

As an EE, I agree that the helmet speakers are a great option, especially in terms of conserving power. But I'm told by Zero support that there are 10 amps available at 12V (the automotive standard) for accessories, at least on my SR, which should be plenty to power up your typical car stereo. Where you'd mount it, and the speakers, is another matter, but it seems like it could be done.

I'd contact Zero support directly if you have a different model to verify that it's got the came ability to deliver power at 12V.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.
Pages: [1]