• May 03, 2024, 09:38:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2011 Zero X supermoto  (Read 1195 times)

cec

• View Profile
2011 Zero X supermoto
« on: December 14, 2014, 10:20:44 AM »

Loaded up and ready to take my 2011 Zero X on its second Supermoto outing tomorrow.   Hopefully I can get someone to take some action photos. 

cec

• View Profile
Re: 2011 Zero X supermoto
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 03:11:41 AM »

Here is one action shot.  I am second in line (blue helmet) trying to make a move on a KTM 85SX.  I am going to change the sprocket for the next event to gain a few MPH down the straightaway.  Getting better every time out.  The Avon RoadRunner 19" front works way better then I ever thought.  The rider just needs to get better.   :)

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 03:46:42 AM »

Could you get a 17" rim laced on? Proper dedicated supermoto tyres like the Maxxis range make a massive difference. I can't tell you just how much better a supermoto tyre makes over a road tyre. Its mostly the softer sidewalls that allow the tyre to deform and grip at the extreme lean angles you get on a motard.

I do miss my supermoto but I don't miss the maintenance!

cec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:03:46 AM »

Yes that is something I am thinking about for the future when I get better.  For now the Avon RoadRider has plenty of grip.  It is a nice tire and the best one I could find in such an odd size.  The only time I find the 19" to be a problem is at the chicane.  Definitely slower moving from right to left really fast.  Doesn't want to flick.  More of a slow roll. 

For now this is just something I am having fun with on the side and didn't want to spend too much.  These are my first track days in 10 years.  I am a bit rusty.  The cool thing with the Zero is I can run it and there isn't much to work on when done.  Just load it up again for the next event.  Next project is faster charging so I can get more track time for my money.

C

Could you get a 17" rim laced on? Proper dedicated supermoto tyres like the Maxxis range make a massive difference. I can't tell you just how much better a supermoto tyre makes over a road tyre. Its mostly the softer sidewalls that allow the tyre to deform and grip at the extreme lean angles you get on a motard.

I do miss my supermoto but I don't miss the maintenance!

MotoRyder

• Riding innovative motorcycle machinery is a passion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 09:00:31 AM »

cec – I Like It !!
Going out and having fun without the want nor worry of an endless money pit that is often encountered with racing.
Sounds like you've got a good situation there and getting some good enjoyment...have fun and post back on your experience(s).
Traveling by motorcycle, one can experience the true ambience of the surroundings
Pages: [1]