• May 04, 2024, 02:07:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Charging cable(s) SR/F  (Read 2552 times)

remmie

• View Profile
Re: Charging cable(s) SR/F
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2019, 07:49:17 PM »

https://www.ev-power.eu/Electric-Cars/EVSE-kit-for-EV-charging-station-cable.html

These are the components you would need to build a cable yourself. The relais isn't even necessary to get the SR/F charging. I know that because I made my own version with an ATTiny25 (small arduino-like microcontroller), a small circuitboard and a small 12Vdc power supply. The SR/F just needs the correct pilot PWM signal and doesn't mind if the 230V is already present before it should be. In Europe all normal household outlets are mandatory behind an RCD so it would be redundant and is therefore not included.

In Europe we have the mennekes type 2 connector and that is even bulkier as the J1772. But if you open up the connector you have a lot of air/nothing inside.
Fortunately the second and third phase on the mennekes connector are at the bottom of the connector and are not needed for L1 charging. What I have done is simply cut off the bottom portion of the connector so that phase, neutral, earth, PP and CP pins are still present. this reduces the connector considerably.

Then i designed a 3D printable housing for the remaining part of the connector and used a "pigtail gland" to add a strain relief to the cable.
Now the connector is only 35 mm high and easliy fits under the passenger seat provided that the sillytray is removed
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2019, 09:58:26 PM »

https://github.com/kortas87/simple-evse/wiki

here's another link on how to make a smaller "granny charger"
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2019, 02:13:31 PM »

Then i designed a 3D printable housing for the remaining part of the connector and used a "pigtail gland" to add a strain relief to the cable.
Now the connector is only 35 mm high and easily fits under the passenger seat provided that the silly tray is removed

Wow! That is simply amazing what you have a done and exactly what I thought should be possible. Many thanks to share your work with the community, much appreciated.

Meanwhile I have received a basic EVSE cable I ordered in China which length was cut to my specifications. As I had hoped, it is quite smaller and lighter than those made for cars, or the Zero one. I wish I had all the tools (3d printer) and skills to clone your work but you are getting me nearer to wanting to try it nonetheless. I finally got my SR/F Premium last Friday but without the street number yet so I am not in any kind of hurry for such a project, especially in the winter.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 02:15:29 PM by Zelidar »
- Zero SR/F Premium (since 22.11.2019)
- (2007-2019 nothing and no car since 2017)
- Yamaha FJ1200 (2nd), FJ1200 (1st)
- Honda CBF 750, NX 650, MTX 125

peterwarm

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2019, 11:14:10 PM »

Wonderful, thanks Remmie, I can go ahead with a charge tank knowing I can get/make a cable to fit under the seat with sillytray removed. Thank you so much!
Nov 2019 Blue SR/F  doesnt like rain - 2 rebuilds now Ok
Windscreen / 12kW Charge
Underseat 13A(UK) and Type2 cables
SRS pegs / keyless rear seat and tank hatch
... fairing......?

peterwarm

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2019, 11:19:26 PM »

Still on this thread, I have a Zero charge cable for the UK, on a premium SRF.
I was told that pressing the button on the type 2 connector would vary the charge rate 6/8/10A, including making the blue led flash at a different rate.
Mine does nothing, plus I'm getting a constant 21 amp and 2.1 kW indicated. Is this correct?
I know the premium has 2 off 3kW charges and the standard charge cable only uses one in the UK, but isn't it supposed to be nearer 3kW input??

any enlightenment welcome.
Nov 2019 Blue SR/F  doesnt like rain - 2 rebuilds now Ok
Windscreen / 12kW Charge
Underseat 13A(UK) and Type2 cables
SRS pegs / keyless rear seat and tank hatch
... fairing......?

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2019, 02:01:35 AM »

I stumbled over this; unfortunately my skills are not of the necessary kind to build it on my own.
It's in German ....
https://www.evalbo.de/tutorials/simple-evse-ladekabel/
Schematics attached.
2019 Zero SR/F Premium & Rapid Charger

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2019, 09:07:56 PM »

@peterwarm I have the 220V EU version of that wall plug to Type 2 adapter and when I plug it in the wall socket it will do nothing at first. I then have to hit the button closest to the wall socket to enable the circuit and then the blue led will blink 1 or 4 times depending on what mode is currently active (4 options on mine). The other button on the block triggers the breaker switch as a safety test.

To change the level you have to wait for that sequence to finish and then press and hold the smal round button on the type 2charge connector. The blue led will then go out and start blinking, you stop pressing at the desired # of blinks (1-4) to set it to that level.

You can also do this while it's charging in the bike.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

George Cowly

• View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3]