• May 04, 2024, 03:55:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 1979 Yamaha XS650 Electric Bobber For Sale  (Read 3742 times)

HotRodHoose

• View Profile
1979 Yamaha XS650 Electric Bobber For Sale
« on: April 02, 2010, 06:21:51 AM »

Up for sale is a 1979 Yamaha XS650 that was converted to a bobber and electric. The frame was cut and I added a TC Bros. Hardtail section. Bike has TC Bros mini ape hangers, Springer Seat, Custom Front and Rear Fenders, an old knucklehead headlight, old hot rod style taillight, and much more. Forks were rebuilt and the wheel bearings and seals were redone. The electric part of the bike: Etek RT Permanent magnet DC brushed motor, Alltrax AXE controller, Powerstar SLA AGM batteries (6 of them). System is 72 volts and 350 amps. Also has a Cycle analyst gage, 72 volt charger and a dc to dc converter. The 72 volt system is done, the 12 volt system needs to be done, the brakes need to be done, the battery hold down needs finished and if you want to refinish the fenders and paint them to make it look nicer and not like a rat bike. There are a lot of extra parts that are included with the bike.  This bike is very fun to ride, it was also fun to build (for the test rides that I did).  No transmission, just throttle and go.  The specs on the bike: Its suppose to do about 35-45 miles on one charge (theoretically), and have a top speed of about 70 mph (theoretically). The bike needs to be finished and then get it inspected and on the road.  I am asking $3000 for everything, including title, or $2300 for just the electrical parts.  I am in Harrisburg, Pa and can help with delivery depending on the distance.  PM me for details, more pix, or to check it out.

HotRodHoose

• View Profile
Re: 1979 Yamaha XS650 Electric Bobber For Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:11:28 PM »

$2500 for everything!

HotRodHoose

• View Profile
Re: 1979 Yamaha XS650 Electric Bobber For Sale
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 05:57:23 AM »

Ok, so I am parting it out, I have a buyer for the bike parts.  If anyone wants the Etek RT motor, Alltrax contoller, Magura Twist Grip Throttle, Shunt, Fuse, Contactor, Batteries, Charger, DC-DC converter, all the wiring plus extra.  I can throw in the motor mount that I made and the key switch all for $1500, I am pretty sure I can't ship the batteries, so pick up is best, I am in Harrisburg, Pa.  PM for details.
Pages: [1]