• May 07, 2024, 07:21:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Is the Zero way the right way?  (Read 3306 times)

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
Re: Is the Zero way the right way?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 01:47:35 PM »

Hi
I am happy, very happy on my iPhone3 and 2011S. The 2011 does what she does, and well. I ride her a lot around town etc. Range is very good for what I need - great. I might be selling my ICE as I do not get to ride a couple of days out to the country -- that often. So, simply, rent a Ducati or Harley when I feel like it is a better deal. saves me money to upgrade the Zero every 3 years - to stay just of the expensive "hype curve".
as warranty comes of the Zero I might be truing to get into the programming / main board/controller a bit more and tweak things. so all good.

Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto

ZeroSinMA

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2012, 10:15:09 PM »

Hi
I am happy, very happy on my iPhone3 and 2011S. The 2011 does what she does, and well. I ride her a lot around town etc. Range is very good for what I need - great. I might be selling my ICE as I do not get to ride a couple of days out to the country -- that often. So, simply, rent a Ducati or Harley when I feel like it is a better deal. saves me money to upgrade the Zero every 3 years - to stay just of the expensive "hype curve".
as warranty comes of the Zero I might be truing to get into the programming / main board/controller a bit more and tweak things. so all good.

Great discussion. I keep hearing this: "I own 2 - 10 ICE bikes then bought a Zero. Now I ride the Zero for the < 100 mile round trips and ICE for long trips. That's 90% of the time, so I don't really need all these ICE bikes."

I think what's happening is this. We all got used to the hassle of owning and riding an ICE bike.  After discovering the no-maintenance, no warm-up, no shifting, no noise convenience of a Zero, riding an ICE is like going back to using an outhouse in winter after getting used to indoor plumbing. I prefer to jump on and ride away without notifying the wife and neighbors. Seems everyone who buys one comes to the same conclusion.

If I'm a product manager for BMW or other big ICE brand reading this forum I'm thinking, "Holy, crap. In 10 years the ICE industry will be selling very few ICE bikes."

If they aren't already thinking of acquisition of Zero they will be by the end of 2013. I hope Zero sticks it out and goes public and stays independent.

BTW, a future race to Buy vs Build in the e-moto space may save Brammo's bacon. An acquirer will be buying tech and engineering talent not marketing/product marketing/sales/distribution.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:17:11 AM by ZeroSinMA »

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2012, 03:57:51 AM »

My thoughts exactly, ZeroSinMA.  But I am getting even less use out of my car.  I don't think I have driven it more than about 300 miles since I bought my Zero in February.  I sometimes ride my IC bikes just to get the condensation out of the oil and the fuel from going stale.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

s44captain

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 11:29:09 PM »

oobflye, i have a $2,500.00 Brammo rebate if I want on the Empulse which is what makes the original question interesting...
Current Bikes: 2012 Zero 6S & Buell XB12
Former Bikes: 2009 Brammo & Matchless G85CS

lolachampcar

• View Profile
    • LolaChampcar
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 03:37:52 AM »

a few more plus' for the Zero....    No rotational inertia so the bike flicks nicely.  No heat broiling my privates (and everything else) when I stop at a light for more than a minute.

I just can not wait for battery technology to march about an order of magnitude upwards.  I know, it is going to take a while but then ebikes will be right on par with the Tesla Model S' utility.  When the Model S comes in, the 535i goes!!  My ICE bike is already up for sale.  Anyone interested in a nice S1000RR?
Life is too short not to enjoy what you do each day.
Pages: 1 2 [3]