Makes And Models > Brammo Forum

Any news on a new Victory for 2017?

<< < (5/6) > >>

JaimeC:
According to A&R, they seem to be more interested in building an "Electric Toy" than a practical urban commuter, though:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/indian-electric-motorcycle/

KrazyEd:
The link indicates a 120 to 140 mile range "when ridden at an aggressive pace", so 20% to 40% greater than
Zero S 13 with power tank at 70 mph ( not aggressive in my book ). Doesn't sound like a toy to me.
But, this is several years away so we will see. Hopefully Indian is a more credible / established manufacturer.

JaimeC:
Right.  They can say anything they want... it's what they DELIVER that counts.

Low On Cash:

--- Quote from: acacia1731 on March 02, 2017, 02:51:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: Haag13 on January 10, 2017, 12:45:47 AM ---So is Polaris going to offer an Indian Empulse (yeah right) or is the old Brammo line done?  I'd guess that latter.

--- End quote ---

Looks like there will be electric Indian bikes by 2020, with a new design...
http://www.ien.com/product-development/video/20853558/indian-sparking-new-life-in-polaris-electric-motorcycles

--- End quote ---

That video has to be the best definition of fake news I've seen on bikes! 

Rest totally assured that you'll never see and electric with the Indian name - it makes no sense, the whole concept of the Indian brand is to bring back the vintage looks of Indian motorcycles. I'm not saying that Polaris won't re-introduce another electric buts its highly unlikely. Polaris was dumping the Empulse over a year ago - they never could sell that bike and all the dealers hated it.

Polaris's biggest problem is Zero since it has easily twice the performance of the Empulse at less money. Polaris loss millions on acquiring that machine - if there is a new electric they will have to start from scratch since there is nothing on the Empulse that is usable except for the chassis.

Regards

shayan:
I would certainly bet its going to be a Polaris branded bike and not Indian. Just like how they have the Slingshot under Polaris. Just like how people have pointed out here, it does not make sense for an electric Indian, unless its something in the likes of LiveWire.

--- Quote ---"The characteristics of the new powertrain are going to be more applicable to be able to ride a bike in pleasure and twisties, and kind of how you would use pleasure bikes today," says Steve Menneto of Polaris' motorcycle division.
--- End quote ---

So maybe they are going to use the Empulse platform (atleast the chassis). Considering that its a few years away, they will most certainly make use of the Brammo patents to develop a new powertrain and a battery system. At best this is probably an educated guess.

On a side note, t would be great if polaris is back to TT Zero and Pikes Peak!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version