• May 04, 2024, 09:08:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: My - not so good - SR/S experience  (Read 2555 times)

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: My - not so good - SR/S experience
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2021, 04:58:55 AM »

You keep blaming Zero for what your dealer is doing.

You say 'Zero damaged' but you gave it to a dealer, and a transporter, and any of them could be responsible for the damage.

If they replace a battery, they replace the battery.  It shouldn't require going to Zero to fix unless your dealer is particularly inept or is sending them conflicting details.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

NervEasy

• View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2021, 07:03:41 PM »

The dealer got a request from Zero to send the bike to them. It wasn’t my choice or the dealers.

All damage is consistent with taking the rear subframe from the bike. The damage on the swingarm is from loosening the rack bolts and letting the rack slide over the paint. Damage on the passenger grip is from improper support when suspending the frame. Etc… Zero is the only one that has taken the subframe frome the bike as they need to acces the rear of the battery to fix the error 43. The radsock connectors there need to be reached.

Dealer is just the middleman.
2019 Zero S 11kw - 2020 SR/S

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2021, 10:20:24 PM »

The isolation problems are a tricky one to solve. In the US at least, one or two bikes have gone back to Zero for more major rework. Sometimes they just swap the battery and recover the old one for tests. But they can't force it, we're supposed to get owner approval for those things. I'd say its more likely it got damaged in transit than at Zero, but you never know.  It sounds like you might have a bad battery unrelated to your isolation issues or software quirks.

I know Zero US takes pictures of the bike on receipt for repairs so they can identify the source of any  damage. Maybe Zero EU does that too.

Sorry this experience has been so difficult. Most people seem to be fine but every so often someone goes through the ringer  :(

NervEasy

• View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2021, 11:08:48 PM »

Yeah...

I had taken pictures before transport as well as my dealer (we did not know each had taken pictures) so the damage happened at Zero or during transport but as I said, all the damage is very consistent with someone being very sloppy with tools and once the sub frame is loose it definitely slid over swingarm and plastic fender. just a towel over the area would have prevented a lot I think.

The repair was in general quite sloppy... loose bolts, misaligned and not fastened seatplastics and also which was weird to me, 3 sticky mouse pads where placed between the subframe and seatplastics but as they where not adhered properly they fell out on the second ride. I have no Idea what they where doing there, it looked quite ugly too. Looks like they where placed to stop some water flowing from the seat to the back of the battery but it would never have worked.

either way, I wonder what the delivery time will be for the replacement pack, We don't know if they stock packs at the EU HQ or if they have to be shipped from the US.

electrictwowheeler

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2021, 02:44:43 AM »

What a lot of trouble you have gone through! A totally different experience than I have had with my 2020 SR/S demo. They can work properly if you get a good one so hang in there and hopefully the new battery will correct the problems. Looks like you will loose more summer riding time though and that's a bummer.
Hope your luck changes for the better.
2020 SR/S Premium
2007 Vectrix Lithium Conversion

shayan

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2021, 04:38:14 AM »

And yes same here and have had absolutely no troubles so far! I had a Zero S earlier with a lot of magic charging issues and now no issues with an SR/F. So it might indeed be a battery pack issue and it does seem like a lottery. I would say wait until you get the new pack and then think of your next steps. Hopefully your next step after that will be to enjoy your SR/S 😊
-Shayan

2020 Zero SR/F standard + ChargeTank

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2021, 03:09:24 PM »

Sorry to hear about all the bad experiences with your bike. Hope things get better from here...

It didn’t charge to 100% and it took reaaally long to get at 98 or 99% and then stop. As in a charge that should have taken 45min took 1h 35min and another time a charge that should have taken 1h took over 2h.

Started charging and the bike just stopped charging at 63%, like it was finished.

After a half an hour I could restart the charging and it was able to charge to 100% then. 4 hours later I key the bike on and the SoC shows 91%…

These 3 details strongly point to one (or more) of the cell chains in the packs going bad.

A battery pack will stop charging once the first cells hit the specified "max" cell voltage. Normally at this point the balance process kicks in to discharge energy from the highest cell chains. Once some programmed voltage has been discharged from these cells the charge process will start again. This cycle of charge the pack, discharge the full cells continues till the voltage delta between the high and low cells reach the programmed threshold.

A pack that takes ages to balance signifies to me that the voltage delta is high.

A battery pack will exhibit voltage sag when disconnected from a charger, that's normal. However damaged cells (high resistance) will have a higher voltage sag vs good condition cells. This would lead to a big drop in the overall SOC of your pack.

NervEasy

• View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2021, 02:11:14 AM »

Yeah,

At the moment my bike is already balancing 1h and 25 min. It reached 100% this time and started tapering. It should have been a 1h and 10 min charge. Now already 2h and 35min and counting...

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2021, 02:57:52 AM »

Did I see Zero reach out to you on Facebook? Any progress there?

NervEasy

• View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2021, 08:45:08 PM »

Yes they did, I asked them what the cause could be for my problems. They have asked the technicians from the EU HQ to contact me about this.

My dealer called me today that they are still looking for a reason, they (Zero) now that there is a problem (with more bikes too) he said but it seems there isn't a clear reason yet.

My bike will receive a new pack in a few weeks, so fingers crossed it will fix things.

I also asked about the app bugs (0% soc via remote connection, no Ride Capture possible and the bug with the ride modes).
I was put in contact with a US Zero technician and he told me the ride mode bug is fixed already and will be in an upcoming app update. He asked more information about the other bug so he can start a ticket to fix these.

I want to reiterate that my dealer was extremely helpful all this time. He still listens to me and is doing everything Zero asks him to do.

At the moment I am ok with the solution (replacing the pack) as it stands now. I hope the problem that plagues my pack will not be present in the replacement pack.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]