General Category > Electric Motorcycle Events

2023 MotoE underway!

(1/3) > >>

BigPoppa:
The 2023 MotoE season kicked off this past weekend in France. I'm not posting any spoilers though for folks who want to watch recordings.

My initial thoughts of the Ducati V21L vs the Energica Ego:

* The Ducatis seem much louder than the Energicas but that could be due to better microphone placement
* Watching how the riders are riding the bikes it's apparent the difference between adapting a street bike for the track (Energica) and developing a pure race bike (Ducati)
* I'm impressed with the Ducati's performance numbers. While I would have still liked to see a multi-manufacturer series my gut tells me the Energicas wouldn't have been competitive against the Ducatis.
On a semi related note: The next race in MotoAmerica's Hooligan series is this July at Laguna Seca. Looking forward to seeing the Ribelle on the track again. Hopefully they can maintain their consistency and keep the bike in the top 10.

Fred:
I'm looking forward to watching that maybe more than the MotoGP. I watch the highlights on ITV4 in the UK and I suspect they might not show MotoE.

BigPoppa:
I can relate. I haven't been able to find any MotoE broadcasts here in the US (San Francisco Bay Area). I ended up getting a MotoGP subscription just so I could watch MotoE. I'm only marginally interested in MotoGP as well.

At least Formula E is broadcast here in the US, my YouTube TV records that race series for me. :)

MVetter:
Quick point of order, the next SuperHooligan race with Energica is actually at the end of June in Washington. Seca is 2 weeks after that and should be awesome!

https://www.superhooligan.com/schedule

Specter:
dammit  I wish I could get to it, i'd love to see something like this!   Oh well, maybe next year I get lucky and it cycles thru fla / ga /sc /alabama again and I can grab it !

Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version