General Category > Electric Motorcycle Events

MotoAmerica SuperHooligans racing

(1/3) > >>

MVetter:
This weekend at The Ridge in Washington State there are lots of races. Round 2 of the Super Hooligan class is happening on Sunday which includes Energica EVA Ribelle RS competitor Stefano Mesa. It's his first time competing on this track so feel free to show hims some support. https://www.motoamericaliveplus.com/

CagivaRider:
I was at the Saturday race. Stefano crashed earlier in the day on his Kasawsaki chasing Flores' Ducati. He must have been stiff and sore because he missed the hooligan siting lap and started at the back of the grid. He made his way through to 7th or 8th. It was cool to see him late brake into corners and pull past on exit. I had a  blast.

MVetter:
Dude what a beautiful track. I watched the stream and thought, "hot damn that place is gorgeous".

Yeah that crash was terrifying. His gloves flew off! Very glad to hear he was ok. There was a technical discrepancy with the bike; basically an i wasn't properly dotted or a t wasn't properly crossed which resulted in them starting him from the back. Super impressive he clawed his way back into 7th! Laguna Seca next weekend heck yeah

Specter:
I need to go watch the video's.
Yah some of these crashes are just insane, and the fact that most of them (thank whatever god you believe in) essentially get up and walk away from them, is a tribute to technology today.

Not surprised he clawed his way back up at all, that bike can do stupid stuff.  Im betting he has some sort of mod on his regen so he can really pull down on that into turns, that'd give him a shit ton of tractive forces up front to get thru them w/o having to play with the brakes so much.  Also being it's braking from the back, it's a lot easier to correct out of that if you over do it and start locking a wheel up than if you start sliding with a front wheel. (my opinion)  If you wanted to be either super stupid or super gangsta you could probably even feather sliding that rear wheel in the turn to control it.

Ill have to find the vids, that motoamerica is not letting me view them.

aaron

MVetter:
They're all up for free on YouTube

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version