General Category > Electric Motorcycle Events

Energica world-first podium finish at CotA!

(1/2) > >>

MVetter:

Hot day, fast bikes. Phenomenal riding by Stefano Mesa on the EVA Ribelle.

http://www.motoamericaregistration.com/Results/2023/COTA/23_11_COTA_RSD_R1_res.pdf

Fran K:
Why are only the first 3 scored as 5 laps?  Fourth place would be about 25 seconds back when first crosses the line after 5 laps.  Lap times 2 minutes twenty seconds give or take.

Edit red flag at min 37 in the video. 

BigPoppa:
Fun to see! Hoping this eventually leads to more electric mainstream racing in the future. If the baggers can expand internationally then surely electrics can make more in-roads here in the US.

Specter:
You know, what he did out there was fantastic, yet all thru the announcing, the overall view on the electric bike was just so negative with the overall comments.
Can it stand up, oh it'll over heat, oh you have to manage the power you probably  won't have it at the end etc etc etc.

Are they STILL that jealous that an E bike is kicking ICE ass that bad that they have to talk down to it all the time?

Great race, and yes I know the top two were battling it out, so because of that dominated the airtime, but it'd been nice to see 3rd on down as well a bit more, im sure there were competitions going on down there as well.

Congrats Energica, with a bit more experience in dealing with some of them, I bet we see Stefano in first place a time or two next season.

Aaron

MVetter:

--- Quote from: Specter on September 10, 2023, 08:23:23 PM ---You know, what he did out there was fantastic, yet all thru the announcing, the overall view on the electric bike was just so negative with the overall comments.

--- End quote ---

I've been watching all these races and I don't get that impression at all. I think they're speaking very positively about the bike. And in post-interviews the other racers are also positive. Tyler O'Hara, who took 1st, shared praise for Stefano Mesa and said he was really proud to share a podium with the first e-bike up there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version