• May 09, 2024, 08:16:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Autobloggreen:Zero Motorcycles delays shipment of 2009 S...  (Read 1139 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Autobloggreen:Zero Motorcycles delays shipment of 2009 S...
« on: October 15, 2009, 01:06:46 AM »

Zero Motorcycles delays shipment of 2009 S due to overheating motors
After getting a tip regarding a possible delay on the 2009 Zero S electric motorcycle, we contacted the company for confirmation. It seems that the original motor used in the S model was prone to overheat under certain circumstances in testing. A new motor is now being used that reportedly fixes the overheating problem and also allows for a slightly higher top speed.

As it turns out, the company has already shipped a small number of 2009 models to customers, and those with deposits already in are being contacted and offered their bikes right now with certain unspecified limitations or a free upgrade to the 2010 bike with the improved motor and a number of other unknown enhancements. It's not entirely clear when the new 2010 model will begin shipping, but our tipster says the company is looking at April.
2010 Brammo Enertia

guity

• View Profile
Re: Autobloggreen:Zero Motorcycles delays shipment of 2009 S...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 01:49:54 AM »

The last article I read concerning Zero was called something like "Zero Motorcycles Leads the Industry: First to Pass National EPA Certification".  It dawned on me that there really isn't anything extraordinary about the kinds of growing pains and delays the company is going through -- these are more to be expected in a cutting edge industry than not. 

It's all those cocky promotional articles that irritate the heck out of me.  I have to keep reminding myself, that it is Zero marketing's job to generate cocky promotional articles.  It's just due to some unfortunate twists of fate that the cocky promotional articles become completely ironic in the context of all the problems Zero is going through.

So, more power to you, Zero, oh great "leader" of the industry!  I hope you can keep fighting your way through to daylight...

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:51:58 AM »

Did any customers get it? or Just Reps to offer demo rides?

problems associated with the ramping up of production
batch of bad cells
over heating motor

I think it's time for Zero to speak on the matter. I am glad I got my depo back from them, buy a bunch of parts or a S when it comes out....I just don't know what to do.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:55:51 AM by picasso »

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 01:33:11 AM »

This situation is much better than a recall. They are already dealing with one of those. Definitely disappointing but it could be worse.
Pages: [1]