• May 04, 2024, 02:37:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero iPhone App  (Read 1457 times)

M@2015DS

• View Profile
Zero iPhone App
« on: January 06, 2015, 08:06:21 AM »

When I pick up my 2015 DS I was able to connect to the bike with the Zero App. It did say 2013 DS but the data was correct.

Now, despite the phone being connected via Bluetooth, the app keeps opening in demo mode and I keep getting a warning stating that the connection was lost between the bike and the phone. But when I look at the phone it is connected.  ???

Anyone have any idea of what is going on?

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
Re: Zero iPhone App
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 05:36:04 PM »

I'm an Android guy, and I can't see if the phone is actually connected, only that it's paired. How do you tell it's actually connected on iPhone?

Don't forget the bike needs to be either charging or turned on. If it's fully charged, it needs to be turned on.

And yes, my 2015 SR says 2013 SR, too.
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

M@2015DS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 03:24:06 AM »

On the iPhone it shows an image of the bike and the data matches what is on the bike's display. I think that is the only way to really know that it is connected.

I am sure if you changed some parameters to the bike and it registered on the bike's display that would be a sign as well.

Not sure why it is not working though. I would like to make a custom setup for the bike. Seems the app may be a bit of a hassle to use. It should work anytime the key is in the on position.

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 09:45:08 AM »

I use an ipad for my zero app. I do have a 2013 though.

Since you already paired the app to the bike then all you have to worry about is the Bluetooth itself.

First if you have the app up turn off demo mode and press "work offline" if is barking at you afterwards.
Close the app down (don't just flick away close it).
Open settings and go to Bluetooth.
Turn bike on and look for the signal there.
Tap on the bike in the Bluetooth screen.
When it says connected reopen the zero app and wait a second for it to initialize.

Often I loose connection and have to go into settings and do this process over when the bike is already on. I take screenshots of the power left in the pack before and after each ride in my morning commute so I can run experiments on range.

Also if you put the bike in drive mode (ie turn off the kill switch) the screen should change to the driving screen if you are indeed connected to the bike.
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 02:06:32 PM »

Also if you put the bike in drive mode (ie turn off the kill switch) the screen should change to the driving screen if you are indeed connected to the bike.

Just to add, when engaging drive mode while stationary the kickstand needs to be up as well.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

M@2015DS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 11:49:47 AM »

Still can't connect. Dealer could not figure it out either.

Anyone out there having issues with the Zero app on iPhone?

m0t0-ryder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 08:32:31 PM »

Which model iPhone?
There are known issues with an earlier model iPhone. (4 or 5, cannot remember)

I would suggest completely removing the app from your iPhone and re-installing it.
Then pair it and try the connection again.

Also, call Zero tech support and report the problem.
First I've heard about the MY13 displayed on MY14-15 bikes.
I would report that to Zero as well. (Call them, notify your dealer and hit up the Zero Facebook page)

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 10:40:43 PM »

First I've heard about the MY13 displayed on MY14-15 bikes.
I would report that to Zero as well. (Call them, notify your dealer and hit up the Zero Facebook page)
It's interesting because one of the first things the app asks for is the VIN & model year, and my bike responds with 2015. So maybe the app year is hardcoded or something. That's a typical sort of coding error.
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

rayivers

• electric feels so right
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 06:33:02 PM »

I've tried everything mentioned in this thread and then some, and I still get the 'Connection Lost' prompt as soon as the app comes up, Demo Mode, no bike data, etc.  I rented an iPhone 5 thinking that would minimize the chance of problems since the app "is optimized for iPhone 5", yeah right.  :(  I have no trouble connecting the phone to the bike via Bluetooth, but the app never sees the bike.  The call-back I was promised from Zero support never came, as usual.

Can the app be shut down (i.e., stopped completely) without being removed from the phone?  The only options I can find are flicking it away (which seems to leave it running in the background) and deleting/uninstalling it by holding down the icon, after which the icon's gone and I have to log into the app store and download/install it again.  Is there a 3rd way that just turns it off?

Ray
'14 Zero FX 5.7 (now 2.8, MX), '14 Zero FX 2.8 (street), '19 Alta MXR, '18 Alta MXR, various '74 - '08 ICE dirt bikes
Pages: [1]