• May 05, 2024, 12:06:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lead article on EV's in today's Globe and Mail  (Read 250 times)

quixotic

• View Profile
Lead article on EV's in today's Globe and Mail
« on: February 11, 2018, 12:38:42 AM »

3.5 pages on EV stuff in the Business section.  Seems very balanced, and well worth a read.  It's behind a paywall, but I get the paper copy delivered every Saturday morning. 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/rb-cd-cover-ev/article37926777/

Stunned to learn that several US states actually penalize EV buyers because they won't be paying gasoline taxes. 
2013 Zero S. Isle of Man Classic TT is on the bucket list.

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Lead article on EV's in today's Globe and Mail
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 04:51:48 AM »

3.5 pages on EV stuff in the Business section.  Seems very balanced, and well worth a read.  It's behind a paywall, but I get the paper copy delivered every Saturday morning. 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/rb-cd-cover-ev/article37926777/

Stunned to learn that several US states actually penalize EV buyers because they won't be paying gasoline taxes.

That is what California plans to do starting next year. They will be charging an additional $100 to every yearly electric vehicle license registration and they don't care if you own a Tesla or an electric motorcycles.  They will both be charged the same amount for their share of road maintenance to reimburse the state for not paying gas taxes.  Unfortunately, I figure that is about three times what I pay in gas taxes to ride my IC motorcycles the same 5000 miles a year as I ride my Zero.   >:(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]