• May 10, 2024, 04:23:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: quick question about "High Throttle Fault"  (Read 363 times)

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
quick question about "High Throttle Fault"
« on: September 15, 2022, 03:29:22 AM »

Going to work today, clear weather. Left a stoplight slowly and the bike stopped acceleration at about 10mph. I thought maybe my hand slipped and I looked down.
The screen said HIGH THROTTLE FAULT in a banner at the bottom. I tried accelerating again and it worked fine, the banner went away, and I made the rest of the trip without issue. This is the first time I've seen that. It has 27000 miles and has never had an accident or anything.
I see they sell new throttles at AF1.

My question is... is it worth it to keep riding and hope this doesn't happen again, or see if it gets worse? Or should I pre-emptively swap it? If it continues to work fine and that's just a rare glitch that happens sometimes id rather not pay 200 dollars. I'd also rather not go to the dealer because they break things and lie about it. I'm no fan of that place and I don't trust them to be honest or to do good work. But I might go anyway if I need a new throttle and can get it under warranty. 

Also my warranty expires soon. Not sure if that would be the day of sale 2 years later, or the day after. I bought it on 09-15-20.

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: quick question about "High Throttle Fault"
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 03:40:31 AM »

I have had a similar throttle stalling at 10 mph on my 2018 S a few times in the past, but it only happens about every couple of thousand miles of riding. I too thought it was my grip slipping on the throttle. Now I wonder if that was not the case.  ??? There was no warning on my simple dash display. I sent the logs to Zero but they didn't see anything obvious.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

jonblow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 07:27:38 PM »

I had this the other day whilst I was doing 40 on a dual carriageway. I lost all power and freewheeled to the side of the road ready to stop. Then it suddenly cleared and I was able to accelerate away again. Weird! I spoke to someone at Zero and they suggested that some rain had got in somewhere, seemed plausible as it was raining at the time. Anyways, it hasn't happened again.

Eicas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 09:24:48 AM »

Me two, have had one occurrence with about 4,500 miles on the bike, now  have over 5,100 miles with no more problems.

Happened when accelerating away from a stop light, lost power for a couple of seconds, rolled off the throttle and then it just came back.  Not sure if it is related, but had ridden through some rain showers a couple of days before.

I am a bit nervous about this, but not sure what I can do about it.

lunarx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 06:26:32 AM »

I wonder if there is a "secret" routine for Throttle Recalibration?
21 SR/S, 16 K1300s

MyTH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 08:21:27 AM »

I'm surprised you have been able to go thousands of miles without seeing this error message.  I see it quite often, whenever I turn the key with my left hand while my right hand is on the throttle or I try to accelerate too soon after turning the key, before the bike is ready.
Pages: [1]