• May 09, 2024, 09:52:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Anyone using a dashboard that shows torque and rpm?  (Read 714 times)

MyFirstElectric

• View Profile
Anyone using a dashboard that shows torque and rpm?
« on: November 19, 2023, 02:50:21 AM »

Yeah, so in addition to all the standard stuff, I am searching, without success, for a display that constantly shows torque and rpm also.
Do you know of one?

Backup plan: I get one that at least shows watt usage (which is the combination of the prior).
Be nice, I am not here to feel insulted nor to harm you

TheRan

• View Profile
Re: Anyone using a dashboard that shows torque and rpm?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2023, 03:38:14 AM »

That controller you ordered has a bluetooth connection, perhaps whatever app it uses shows that information and then you could just buy a cheap phone to use as a dash.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2023, 03:42:08 AM »

The Energica Dash shows all of that.  Not sure how the info is put into it, where it's actually calculated at, by which sensors etc etc, but maybe get one of them and you can figure out how to feed the data to it?

Aaron

MVetter

• View Profile

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2023, 05:26:39 AM »

He should have clarified (and I'm assuming this is the case), the dash is for a low powered scooter so it's not going to have canbus and a bunch of sensors.

https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=12921.0

MyFirstElectric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2023, 08:53:14 AM »

Thanks everyone! TheRan, Aaron, and MVetter.

I saw the Ergica dash, and I was wondering if one can buy it (and use it) without having an Energica...(?)

I alsao saw that the Risun will show it (Watt uage combined, at least), and ... finally... then found one version that allows for 72V (which I will run this thing on).

Ideally though, I'd like torque and rpm separate, for obvious reasons.  :)

I will investigate Energica dash further, thanks to all!  8)

If a third example comes to mind, do let me know please.  :o

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2023, 09:25:35 AM »

Energica uses the same one that some Aprilias use so it might be an industry standard unit.

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2023, 12:10:42 PM »

Please note the Energica dashboard only displays the information provided to it. The dash is not used to calculate that data.

https://www.cobogroup.net/en/catalogues/hmi-devices/instruments-clusters.html?task=download.send&id=3949&catid=104&m=0
The graphics and functions of the dash are designed in house.

Normally the communication of data is transmitted to a bikes dash via CANbus. Depending on the data outputs provided by your bikes inverter RPM and torque readings could be available. If not then you would need to use a external device to collect the required data, perform the calculations and provide that info to the dash. If the motor uses hall sensors RPM can be calculated. As torque is a product of motor RPM and HP knowing these values is all that is needed. There are formulas that use the output current and voltage from your battery to provide motor HP.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2023, 03:00:05 PM »

You mean to tell me that I could have had my bike show me that Monica was calling and they OMITTED THAT FEATURE?

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2023, 11:27:09 AM »

maybe an ardwino or raspberry pi ??  or is that overkill for the inputs and calculations?

Aaron

MyFirstElectric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2023, 03:01:49 AM »

I finaaaally received the Fardriver 72360 controller ("the beast"). Customs was holding on to it for so long I thought they're going to rob it (again).
But now I have it, and it looks real.

That controller you ordered has a bluetooth connection, perhaps whatever app it uses shows that information and then you could just buy a cheap phone to use as a dash.
Yes, it came with the bluetooth dongle.
I haven't connected "the beast" yet, I need to study HOW. But I am sure I will test-connect it first to the current 60V system, because my "72V" battery (84V! It's Lifepo4, they have a flat discharge curve, voltage will remain high throughout usage) is not going to arrive (by ship) before March / April, I reckon.

Question now: Does anyone on the electricmotorcycleforum know, how do you determine ex ante which DC-DC buck converter you need, to run all your 12V stuff going forward?

Example: amazon.com has this unit: B07GPZWG1S. Has great reviews. But do I need the 10A or 30A version?
I imagine (! no experience yet), 12V loads are: throttle, voltmeter, ignition, 3-speed switch, lights, indicators, horn.
Anything else?
How many amps do these draw, combined? How do you measure that, where? Do you know?

(After I've connected all, I will be smarter too, no doubt  ;) For now I am the idiot, is okay  ;D )

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2023, 03:49:46 AM »

The 10A 120W should be more than enough. The significant draws are going to be the lights, and even on a motorcycle they're only going to come to like 75W.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2023, 08:19:04 AM »

Im pretty sure your processor uses 12 volt as well, and you want it strong enough it's not swinging the voltage all over on that.

I am also pretty sure your ABS system uses 12 volt as well.  Those pumps, although intermittent I am sure can draw some amps given what they have to do there.  The valves that it uses too, it's not just a flapper, it's going to need some ass behind it to hold back the several hundred PSI the fluid pressure might be at, during certain events.

If the physical size is not the issue, more is always better than pushing an existing to it's upper limits.

Aaron

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2023, 08:19:20 PM »

I don't think the scooter he's wanting to put this on has ABS
Pages: [1]