• May 09, 2024, 09:04:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Startups going broke  (Read 427 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Startups going broke
« on: December 12, 2023, 04:18:16 AM »

An article in my newspaper today titled: "Barrage of startup companies is out of time and money", published by the NY Times, states that a lot of startups have gone broke and have either closed, filed for bankruptcy, or been sold off to other companies for pennies on the dollar. So far this year over 3,200 startup companies have gone under and more are likely to follow them. The only one mentioned that has a two-wheel product is Bird, a scooter company that has been delisted from the NY Stock Exchange due to its low stock price. Originally it was brought for $22 million, but it is now said to be worth only $7 million. A many more examples of companies with much larger losses were discussed in the article.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Startups going broke
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 05:21:20 AM »

With the current economics, many business are taking a hit, both startups and long standing.  I just seen a business thats been in business since 1998 go tits up, just couldn't do it anymore, couldn't keep up with the rising prices.  I asked him and he was saying, at the end of the month I make enough to pay the F landlord and the MF IRS their taxes, throw in the light and water bill and there's pretty much nothing left.  Why should I work all month and get dick for a paycheck when I can work at wendy's and get a bigger salary?

Sorry to see this but have a feeling it's just going to accelerate over the next year.

speaking of McJobs, I see them being replaced in a few years by robots as well, or shit'll be all pre made and frozen,  bot opens case, throws burger on grill for 48.2 seconds, microwaves burger for 21.4 seconds and serves it. 

When you look at these sorry kids  today, wanting 20 dollar an hour to work in a burger flip joint, and even then you can't get them to look up from their phones to actually do their jobs...  yah, it's a coming real soon.

Aaron

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 05:16:45 PM »

A lot of this is happening in the tech industry where low interest rates have resulted in a giant pipe of VC money for basicly anything that isn't making a physical product (VC money hates physical products) but changing economic conditions and particularly higher interest rates have resulted in that money drying up and VCs looking to actually collect on their investments which is driving a lot of startups who basicly don't have any realistic business plan and should never have been funded in the first place going bust. Sadly this won't see a VC pivot back to the physical products that have been starved of funding by the silicon valley cuckoo.
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 08:55:40 PM »

A lot of this is happening in the tech industry where low interest rates have resulted in a giant pipe of VC money for basicly anything that isn't making a physical product (VC money hates physical products) but changing economic conditions and particularly higher interest rates have resulted in that money drying up and VCs looking to actually collect on their investments which is driving a lot of startups who basicly don't have any realistic business plan and should never have been funded in the first place going bust. Sadly this won't see a VC pivot back to the physical products that have been starved of funding by the silicon valley cuckoo.

That sounds about right to me.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2023, 06:02:00 PM »

So when it all finally explodes, does your 401look like a heap of zimbabwe toilet paper or do you have some silver shillings hanging out the sides of the basket?

THe whole world is about to go broke here, money is going to go broke, and the new age of digital currency will be ushered in so they can absolutely control you at the push of a button.  That transaction is not authorized, you have exceeded your green credits for this month.  Time to start trading Eggs for vegetables,  honey for ham hocks, and mango's for mozeralla cheese.

Aaron

Grauteufel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2023, 04:50:36 PM »

wooohooo. I have a tree full of mangos. Last season I got more than 60kg. I am going to be swimming in mozzerella

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2023, 06:55:09 PM »

Make mango moonshine, that'd triple their price !!  the ducks will love it too nd you'll get some huge eggs out of the deal for your cake, and you can eat it too!!

Aaron
Pages: [1]