• May 09, 2024, 02:49:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: EV startups not a good investment  (Read 1018 times)

Specter

• View Profile
Re: EV startups not a good investment
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2024, 12:23:35 AM »

Oh yah, I had an old 78 Chevy with a tricked out 400 on it that would get 8 MPG.  No matter what you were doing, full empty it was 8 MPG.  It had 2 gas tanks so I could get a decent range between fillups but when I did fill up, ugh, there goes a few hours of pay.

Currently I have a 2017 chevy that was getting about 18 MPG empty,  about 15 MPG running at 85 to 95 MPH so not complaining too much.  WHen towing, wind drag makes a BIG difference but 12 was the worst I ever had with a huge trailer and also one of those with the fold down ramp to drive lawn equipment up,  that thing acts like a huge sail catching wind and slowing you down.

I don't think it's overly fair to compare range loss due to aerodynamics OR incorrect loading of your vehicle to range loss due to just the towing period, because aero loss can be greatly mitigated, as can load distribution.   Go ahead load up your tongue and that truck will struggle all day.  Now load it correctly with most the load over the axle and she runs like a dream.

Ive seen more than one video already where they fucked with loading to try to 'prove' how inferior Electric was at towing.  It's like Really? you have to fucking cheat to make your point?  go lick the trucks mains dirtbag.

Aaron

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2024, 02:21:13 AM »

Using "load of gravel" as the benchmark of a truck is one of the dumbest things I've read in a while.  Many of us "only" use a truck to haul motorcycles and bikes, plywood and other lumber, camping gear, and similar completely unworthy endeavors.  I'd never haul gravel, they deliver that if you need it, and put it where you want.
  Yeah 20 to 26 tons is what they deliver on a triaxle.  If you ask they will send one out with a little door in the tailgate to spread it in a long line.  If you want less, they have a list of contractors you can deal with not them.

My objection was to the "truck" definition in general and more so in the battery sector.  I don't think an Energica would go onto that rivian too well and it did not have a trailer hitch.  On the other side, the hybrid side the Edison kits their idea of a pick up includes the F450 F550 class I would consider commercial vehicles.

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2024, 02:25:46 AM »

Why would an Energica be any different from putting any other bike in a truck, which is easily done?  Seems like a weird distinction.  My SR/S would certainly go in there just fine...and could be charged.
Pages: 1 [2]