• May 05, 2024, 03:48:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Increasing acceleration of 2016 Zero S???  (Read 387 times)

legalian

• View Profile
Increasing acceleration of 2016 Zero S???
« on: March 20, 2018, 01:44:43 AM »

I heard my adjusting or buying a new controller you can make the Zero S accelerate much faster.  Does anyone know anything about this process and how much it would cost.  I thought about selling my 2016 Zero S and buying a gently used 2017 SR, but didn't know if upgrading what I had was an option.

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
Re: Increasing acceleration of 2016 Zero S???
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 02:02:50 AM »

It has been done on past years Zero, I also did that myself.  If you are not a so handy man you can contact Patrick (aka Methods) from te endless-sphere forum. He is selling the same controller as the SR and can adapt the connections harness for you.

Typicaly you can replac ethe Size 4 controler of your S by a Size 6. You will get ALOT better acceleration, however if you keep the same motor it might overhear  depending on how hard you drive your Zero.

You can also look for a USED size 6.. controller.. i saw few recently on various EV forums. I think Peter Kovac from the FB page Electric motorcycle build  is selling one for great price. regular price when new is about between 1200 to 1500$

You can get a used one from 600 to 800$ but it require also programing it with special tool (something that Method can do for you)

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon
Pages: [1]