• May 10, 2024, 11:47:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just Acquired 2009 DS, no LED on the Alltrax, throttle disabled.  (Read 3521 times)

SuperDave42

• View Profile
Re: Just Acquired 2009 DS, no LED on the Alltrax, throttle disabled.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 10:14:00 AM »

Super dave; Bugger on the altrax! I have a 2010DS and had a brush meltdown very early. Long story short, with new motor I couldnt get her working and it turned out the throttle was fried and a replacement was called for. I'm not a tech head but have a suspicion that when the motor fried, it may have spiked the throttle. Just a thought.

Beware the fuses on these models too; separate (long) thread on that one too. They can't hack the pace and are impossible to get too, so when you have a chance and the packs out, replace and move them.

Right on thanks. I'll check the throttle directly just to be sure. It looks like I should expect to see a resistance range of about 0-5k ohms when I move the throttle grip

SuperDave42

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 03:44:08 AM »

So I bought a new Alltraxe controller and it works out of the box.  sometimes  when I start  I give a little throttle and then you can feel the power stop and the motor makes a weird gurgling sound and If I let it do it for more than 6-8 seconds the display shuts down.

When I first installed it I had this issue and after about 5 re-starts it worked fine and I test rode it up and down my street.  then took it to another street whwere I was able to hit at least 45mph.  worked good.

I go to start it today and as soon as I give a little throttle to take off it goes into that gurgling sound mode with zero power applied to the wheel.

I'll grab some video and post a youtube link here in a little while.

The battery is fully charged, maybe too much voltage ?    it seems like the ESC is going into an over current foldback mode lol.

has this happened top anyone before on a 09 with brushed motor?    I have not programmed it at all, strictly out of the box alltraxe.

edit:  video link
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 04:12:41 AM by SuperDave42 »

SuperDave42

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 04:10:45 AM »

here is the video 

SuperDave42

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 01:56:33 AM »

I cannot find anything that explains what it means when the warning light on the dash blinks 9 times,  anyone else see this before?
Pages: 1 [2]