Tech > Parts, Mods And Hacks

Good cheap level 2 charging cord

(1/8) > >>

SwampNut:
My Zero came with a level 1 cord, so I did some shopping.  I put this on my eBay watch list, and the vendor sent me an offer for $100 shipped a couple days later.  Smokin' deal, works great, and has good info on the screen.  It can be adjusted in cases where an outlet can't support full power.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266382374129

I have no affiliation with the seller or manufacturer.

Specter:
You can find a lot of good charging cords with a lot of whistles and bells on e bay, analzon etc.

I use the Vevor one, I like that it has a wattmeter and a total watthours put into the bike mode on it.

Get one cord, and you can make yourself 3 or 4 very small pigtails to plug into them so you can jack onto any plug there is to charge.  No matter which form factor, you can plug and play.

Aaron

SwampNut:
I found it cheaper to buy a few adapters than to buy the parts to make my own, except for the L6-30 which I already had on hand.  I bought a number for the Tesla years ago and now they will go with me for a Zero road trip where I will be faced with random outlets.

Specter:
I had issues with the adapters I tried to buy.
Apparently they did not understand the split phase thing of the Americas very well when they made them.
They put one power leg to both legs on the other side, the other power just terminated nowhere,  and had a hard time understanding that Neutral / Ground in those instances is the return leg, and NOT just a fault leg when dealing with 115. It was really wierd and didn't work the way they hooked them so I had to return them.

aaron

MyFirstElectric:

--- Quote from: SwampNut on November 04, 2023, 11:24:58 PM ---https://www.ebay.com/itm/266382374129

--- End quote ---

Pity, I'd have loved to see it, but everytime I see an ebay link, ebay page says "We've looked long and hard everywhere but we cannot find it" (sth like that).
I will never understand how people successfully buy on ebay. To me, it's the greatest CON site of all. Just to me, I know.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version