Tech > Parts, Mods And Hacks

Cell phone (iPhone 15) handlebar mounted holder recommendation

(1/5) > >>

ESokoloff:

A few years ago when a deer decided to commit suicide in front of me, I obliged & rode through the debris field.
Fortunately it was a young buck & my speed was down so I was able to keep upright. 
When I assessed my situation I found I was mostly ok but my phone had decided to leave its mount. Another good fortune was that when I circled back I found that the phone had survived quite well.

Here’s the mount….
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/techmount-techgripper-handlebar-mount-kit

When the iPhone 15 came out with auto 911 summons my wife insisted I give up my trusty old  10 for the 15.
Fast  forward to today on the way home in the poring rain I happen to look down at my phone & all kinds of activities going on.
Apparently the phone had slipped down in the side pinching mount & managed to double press two opposing side buttons & call 911 (a selectable feature).
Anyway, two strikes & it’s out. 

Anyone have a handlebar mounted holder that’s easy to use yet secure.
Not looking/needing vibration resistance as it’s for my 2016 DSR.

TIA

TheRan:
Quadlock is the obvious recommendation. Very secure, decent cases, can get a little finger ring thingy that clips into the case that's good as a kick stand as well as a more secure grip, loads of mounting options, options for wireless charging or a USB port, and they have a vibration damper should you choose to get an ICE bike as well. You can also get mounts for non-bike stuff like cars, desk stands, tripod adapters, arm bands, belt clips, wall mounts. Only downside is it's not cheap but I'd say it's definitely worth it.

Specter:
RamMounts work well.  I have one on my bike and have had my phone on the track, it can take the G forces and banging over a nasty railroad trellace and running at high speeds.  They have all sorts of mounts, handle bar, brake lever, goose neck, you  name it.  very versatile too, they have several size 'arms' for you to position stuff exactly where you want it at too.

Aaron

SHAG:
I use the X-Grip on all 3 bikes https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounts-RAM-B-149Z-UN10U-PHABLETS/dp/B01N5JQ701/ref=sr_1_6?crid=150TMAQ8E9MIT&keywords=x%2Bgrip&qid=1706053010&sprefix=x%2Bgrip%2Caps%2C107&sr=8-6&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc&th=1

ESokoloff:
I went ahead & ordered the Ram mount Quick Grip.
The Quadlock looks interesting but I’m not sure I wanted a proprietary case that is an unknown commodity.
This option would be best assessed in person. 

I wasn’t impressed with the Ram X-Grip but the Quick Grip looks to be what I was looking for.

Thx all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version