Makes And Models > Energica

Experia CenterStand

(1/10) > >>

DonTom:
I just received this note from the Energica delaer in RoseVille WRT the Centerstand:

"Hi Don,
I finally heard from them today.  They do not have one currently available, but plan to-just no eta for now.  They plan on sending us a newsletter out when this happens.

Kind regards,
Elaine
A&S Motorcycles"

I asked her in a reply if it is supposed to come with the LE or if it is an extra. When I hear something, I will post it here.

BTW. the chain seemed quite loose the day I received the bike. I think it is quite a bit looser than that 1.2" (30mm) spec.

At 600 miles, I will stop riding the bike and just wait for the centerstand to service it myself.  I have enough other bikes to ride.

--Don-  Reno, NV

AsHperson:

--- Quote from: DonTom on February 22, 2023, 09:46:59 AM ---I just received this note from the Energica delaer in RoseVille WRT the Centerstand:

"Hi Don,
I finally heard from them today.  They do not have one currently available, but plan to-just no eta for now.  They plan on sending us a newsletter out when this happens.

Kind regards,
Elaine
A&S Motorcycles"

I asked her in a reply if it is supposed to come with the LE or if it is an extra. When I hear something, I will post it here.

BTW. the chain seemed quite loose the day I received the bike. I think it is quite a bit looser than that 1.2" (30mm) spec.

At 600 miles, I will stop riding the bike and just wait for the centerstand to service it myself.  I have enough other bikes to ride.

--Don-  Reno, NV

--- End quote ---
If my chain is loose on delivery, I'll end up taking it back to get worked on as it wasn't ready on delivery.

most:
My chain was loose as well but still within tolerance.

Important finding: It was factory-lubed, but not by 100%. Here in Germany, it is common that the municipal administration sends out trucks to spread some salt on the streets whenever the are frozen - so even when you ride in dry conditions, there‘s still some salt dust. With a bit of street damp, this converts into an aggressive solution that demonstrated on a few chain links where the lube was not applied perfectly. So I already had to clean it to get the rust particles off and lube it again. Thank god I do have bobbins installed and a rear stand so I can spin the wheel. Finally, I‘m also waiting on my center stand.

BTW: My dealer called last week - the factory-printed manuals arrived.

Stonewolf:
You should always lube a new chain immediately. They basicly always come with waxy shit on them that comes off with the first bit of moisture and leaves your chain to rust.

Richard230:
That is odd about the loose chain. I have bought over 20 chain-driven motorcycles over the past 60 years and every one of them had a chain that was too tight when new. It is like the factory or dealership expected the chain to loosen up by the 600 mile service so they wouldn't have to adjust them then. ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version