Makes And Models > Energica

Experia side stand not snappy

(1/3) > >>

most:
With my Experia, the side stand springs back reluctantly. Obviously this is due to a weak spring. Despite good lubrication and no dirt build-up, the friction in the bearing area is at a level that the spring almost lacks the power to make the kickstand spring up safely every time. At least there is no snappy acoustic feedback - anyone who has ever used the kickstand on a BMW or Honda/Yamaha/Kawa/Suzi will immediately understand what I mean. I miss that a lot.
And if you don‘t have that issue then my Experia obviously has a unique problem.

How do you deal with it? Do you leave it as it is, or have you already had experience with a different spring?

Specter:
Have you talked to your dealer yet?  That'd  be the first step if you think there is a problem or that a part might need replacing under warranty.

A spring should not be hard at all to replace.

Aaron

most:
Yes - seems standard. There are 4 other ExPees delivered where he realized the stand spring is weak. Look like no warranty.

smithy:
My Experia side stand seems to work fine....I haven't noticed anything untoward with it. My BMW S1000XR side stand does indeed snap up.....but my Suzuki Boulevard M109R stand needs to be pushed all the way home....3 very different bikes with 3 very different side stands.

Smithy. 

NEW2elec:
Could be a bent mounting bracket or pivot bolt.

Have someone hold it up and work it back and forth by hand to see if its smooth without the spring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version