Makes And Models > Energica

Cruise Control while Cornering

(1/3) > >>

jotjotde:
If I see longer stretches of road ahead with not too sharp curves, I regularily use the CC for comfort.

I noticed that if the corner is a bit tighter, the speed decreases and picks up again afterwards and I wonder why is that. Agreed, that is nothing to worry about, but I am just curious.
Is there a special sensor detecting the lean angle of the bike? Is this a safety function?

chisquare:
As the Ribelle/SS9 platform doesn't have a 6 axis IMU it would come to quite a suprise if there was a lean angle sensor. OTOH, the lack of a radar leaves no room for a different explanation. So color me puzzled.

Stonewolf:
Could be a simple physics explanation or just the TC doing its thing or, everyone's favourite, a perceptual trick.

Specter:
The only angle sensor I ever seen was a tip over sensor to kill the engine and that's basically just a switch.

Never have seen the cruise control hold it rock steady, it tends to drift a mph or three on road conditions, grade etc. 
How steep is this curve you are going on? 

If you are leaning into a curve you are shifting the weight distribution / traction a bit, so it might just be a physics thing, gravity is acting more on the mass .vs. the fixed power input etc.

As for TC taking over and doing it, I don't think that would do it, and if TC did intervene wouldn't you get some sort of notice on the dash?  Anytime I hit a big bump or something that caused tc to do something it always blipped on my dashboard lights.

Just my thoughts.
Aaron

smithy:
If the corner is a bit tighter than a normal "cruising curve", the tyres will be on a slightly smaller diameter the further leaned over you are....I'd equate it to a race bike's rpm raising slightly as it leans into and around a corner assuming it is doing the the "same speed", as the bike returns to "upright" the rpm will come back slightly to it's original rpm due to the diameter of the tyre.....assuming the speed doesn't change of course.

Smithy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version