Makes And Models > Energica

Energica will be Plug & Play at Tesla Superchargers?

(1/5) > >>

DonTom:
I heard a rumor that Energica is now working with Tesla for the Plug & Play charging at all the V3 & V4 Tesla Superchargers.

Can anybody here confirm or deny?

If so, I will skip the latest 43 FW update and wait for the 44 or whatever they will call it.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Specter:
Energica has been ready to become compatible.  It's up to Elon to throw the switch on his end.
any changes to make it happen, essentially will have to happen on Elon's side of the table, and an adapter of course.

Aaron

Motoproponent:
I think fw43 would be worth it just based on the correction it does with Magic Dock superchargers.

without fw43 Magic Dock equipped superchargers max out at like 6 or 8 kw. With fw43 they will give the full charge rate.

DonTom:

--- Quote from: Motoproponent on March 21, 2024, 09:53:20 PM ---I think fw43 would be worth it just based on the correction it does with Magic Dock superchargers.

without fw43 Magic Dock equipped superchargers max out at like 6 or 8 kw. With fw43 they will give the full charge rate.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, but so far, the only Magic Docks are at 100% useless locations, less than a mile or so from real CCS chargers. Such as the one in Placerville, CA, which I have used. Yeah, a slow 7 KW charge, but I really don't care if that one works at all. I see no reason to use it again.

But I hear the update fixes a lot of bugs unrelated to charging.  And that alone makes it worth getting. But it will also charge better at many CCS fast chargers, including now working with a few that didn't work at all with Energica in the past.

There is not even one Magic Dock in the entire state of Nevada. I think Tesla has given up on the Magic Dock idea.  Perhaps they more are headed for the Plug & Play for all makes at all V3 & V4 Superchargers. I really like that idea.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Stonewolf:
I dunno, I've never been a fan of Plug & Charge. I don't want to have to create an account and download an app just to charge my bike. I wanna rock up to a charger, tap my payment card and plug the bike in and then control the charge using an interface on the charger itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version