• May 05, 2024, 07:12:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 4 quick routes - and only one short enough for the SR/F?  (Read 360 times)

zugvogel

• View Profile
4 quick routes - and only one short enough for the SR/F?
« on: May 16, 2019, 11:50:02 PM »

Well, sorry in advance, but I am bored at work right now so I used the time to map out 4 tours I typically do. I already shortened them because usually on my ICE bikes I do 150-250 miles...
So, to tap into the forum's experience, do you think that given the high percentage of HWY as required here in LA to get anywhere with twisties, can I do 1, 2, 3, or all 4 of those trips on the SR/F I pre-ordered?
Silverado - 82.6 miles

Glendora Mountain (Short) - 109 miles

Upper Big Tujunga - 121 miles

Mount Baldy - 126 miles

I have a feeling that the optional PowerTank coming in fall will be required for the last three, right?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:06:38 AM by zugvogel »
...loving my Eva

Serin33

• View Profile
Re: 4 quick routes - and only one short enough for the SR/F?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 12:38:02 AM »

Well, so much of it will depend on that throttle usage. If I've read the material correctly the charge time for the standard is 95% in 4 hours and the premium is 95% in 2 hours. So assuming you have fun with the throttle and get 90 miles out of a full charge it looks like a stop for half a charge would work for all of these routes. So if you don't mind stopping for an hour to charge on the premium or two hours on the standard they are all possible without a power tank.

Which model did you order?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:40:28 AM by Serin33 »

zugvogel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 12:44:11 AM »

I did order the Premium and there are plenty charging stations along the way so that is always an option but I was hoping that with the additional 3.6kWH battery I might be able to do this w/o charging along the way....
But you are right, with a quick charge (say 30 Minutes) I might get home :-)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:57:24 AM by zugvogel »
...loving my Eva

Serin33

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 12:51:44 AM »

I'm sure if you wanted to make it on one charge you could draft off a semi going 55 for the freeway portions, but I bet it would be much more fun to just ride the way you want and take that break for the extra charge when you need it.

zugvogel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 12:58:43 AM »

;D I did think about that Semi scenario. Well, I will have to find out I guess and do a number of test runs once the bike arrives
...loving my Eva

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 02:09:58 AM »

Keep in mind that Zeros estimated highway/city ranges aren't realistic. I don't know what actual speeds they used because they don't advertise it, but I saw with another brand that their city range was estimated going 23 mph and highway range was estimated going 50mph. Who the he'll goes 50mph on the highway?

zugvogel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 02:54:30 AM »

... especially around here in LA - if you go slower than 70 (ideally 80) the cages will just run you over
...loving my Eva

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 05:57:08 AM »

Keep in mind that Zeros estimated highway/city ranges aren't realistic. I don't know what actual speeds they used because they don't advertise it, but I saw with another brand that their city range was estimated going 23 mph and highway range was estimated going 50mph. Who the he'll goes 50mph on the highway?

Why do you say this? I've found Zero's range estimates to be carefully stated and realistic, and their specs pages quote ranges for various conditions including 70 mph even for the FX.

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 07:23:03 AM »

Why do you say this? I've found Zero's range estimates to be carefully stated and realistic, and their specs pages quote ranges for various conditions including 70 mph even for the FX.

I was wrong. At least for my 2017 dsr. I just visited their website again and zero does give you range of 88 miles at 55mph and 70 miles at 70mph. Pretty close I'd say. Although I've never gotten more than 130 miles around town, not the 147 miles they claim, but alot of that is throttle control I'm sure.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:27:18 AM by alko »
Pages: [1]