• May 15, 2024, 09:21:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SRS brand new and already a problem! Code 31  (Read 2137 times)

GeneralSP

• View Profile
SRS brand new and already a problem! Code 31
« on: May 04, 2020, 07:17:18 PM »

Hi all, today I key on my bike and a have this code: 31 Disconnect charger, Key Off for 2 minutes and then try again. Refer to owner's manual.

What will I do with this?

TEV

• View Profile
Re: SRS brand new and already a problem! Code 31
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 07:32:19 PM »

From the Owner manual for 2020 SRS:
"31 - Battery Module Ineligible - Disconnect charger. Key Off for 2 minutes and then try again."
2019 ZERO DSR
2020 ZERO FXS

GeneralSP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 08:08:50 PM »

"31 - Battery Module Ineligible - Disconnect charger. Key Off for 2 minutes and then try again."

I know, but what will I do with this? which charger?

markearth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 08:13:02 PM »

By "disconnect charger" I assumed this to mean remove the type 2 charging lead.

TEV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 08:13:58 PM »

I know, but what will I do with this? which charger?

I believe that they want you to unplug the charging cord from the charging port of the motorcycle, then leave the Key on OFF position for at least 2 minutes.
2019 ZERO DSR
2020 ZERO FXS

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »

Wick up any moisture in the charger port. With the kickstand down, go to the error menu item, record and clear every error you see. Key the bike off and on. If you have a check engine light, look for errors, record and clear them again. If the bike has recently been around water and the errors keep on appearing, you could have an isolation fault that needs time to dry out. Can you get the bike into running mode?
2020 Zero SR/S
Previously: 2016 Zero SR

GeneralSP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 09:22:19 PM »

Wick up any moisture in the charger port. With the kickstand down, go to the error menu item, record and clear every error you see. Key the bike off and on. If you have a check engine light, look for errors, record and clear them again. If the bike has recently been around water and the errors keep on appearing, you could have an isolation fault that needs time to dry out. Can you get the bike into running mode?

I have a code 28 too, The 12v battery is to low. The 12v battery charge when the Bike is running? or all the time?
I saw code 58 too  :-[

My charger (charge station) cord is not plugged and my bike don't see water.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:42:37 PM by GeneralSP »

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 09:55:45 PM »

I think the 12V battery charges whenever the main contactor is closed. How familiar are you with Zeros? When you key on, you should hear small relays closing as they bike performs diagnostics and, if safe, the main contactor will close with a louder click. How good a mechanic are you? You might want to follow the directions in the manual to remove the seat and battery cover to check the voltage. If the main contactor is closing, you shouldn't need to charge the 12V battery yourself. If the contactor isn't closing, and the battery voltage is close to 10V, and you have a 12V Li-Ion battery charger or equivalent, and an appreciation for everything that can go wrong charging batteries, you might want to TAKE THE 12V BATTERY OUT OF THE BIKE and charge it to at least 12V. The battery will have to be charged if you want to continue diagnostics while waiting for the bike to dry out if the initial problem was an moisture induced isolation fault. If this is getting overwhelming, you'll need to make arrangements to get the bike to the dealer. Warning, it might sit there for a while.

I don't know everything that will drain the 12V battery, but the cellular connection certainly does. There is a battery heater, and it's unclear to me if this operates in cold temperature with the bike off.
2020 Zero SR/S

GeneralSP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 11:15:34 PM »

I think the 12V battery charges whenever the main contactor is closed. How familiar are you with Zeros? When you key on, you should hear small relays closing as they bike performs diagnostics and, if safe, the main contactor will close with a louder click. How good a mechanic are you? You might want to follow the directions in the manual to remove the seat and battery cover to check the voltage. If the main contactor is closing, you shouldn't need to charge the 12V battery yourself. If the contactor isn't closing, and the battery voltage is close to 10V, and you have a 12V Li-Ion battery charger or equivalent, and an appreciation for everything that can go wrong charging batteries, you might want to TAKE THE 12V BATTERY OUT OF THE BIKE and charge it to at least 12V. The battery will have to be charged if you want to continue diagnostics while waiting for the bike to dry out if the initial problem was an moisture induced isolation fault. If this is getting overwhelming, you'll need to make arrangements to get the bike to the dealer. Warning, it might sit there for a while.

I don't know everything that will drain the 12V battery, but the cellular connection certainly does. There is a battery heater, and it's unclear to me if this operates in cold temperature with the bike off.

Thanks for your answer, I check the 12v Battery and it is good, 13.4v. All fuses is ok. The red battery light is on.

Yes I'm good with mechanic no problem. I can follow the instructions.

I don't hear the sound click when I start the bike, the engine light stay on. I see some time Code 58, 28, 31 now. When I clear codes, turn off and on the bike, code 31 come back every time.

My bike is not wet, inside to my garage.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:49:51 PM by GeneralSP »

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 12:34:35 AM »

It's sounding more and more like you need to start making arrangements to transport the bike and contact your dealer. In case someone else has a similar experience, do you have a standard or premium SR/S and does it have the storage, charging, or power tank? If practical, if it's sunny, you might roll the bike outside and try to let both sides of the battery soak in the sun. Maybe the change in environment will convince the electronics to power up the DC to DC converter.
2020 Zero SR/S

GeneralSP

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2020, 12:44:13 AM »

It's sounding more and more like you need to start making arrangements to transport the bike and contact your dealer. In case someone else has a similar experience, do you have a standard or premium SR/S and does it have the storage, charging, or power tank? If practical, if it's sunny, you might roll the bike outside and try to let both sides of the battery soak in the sun. Maybe the change in environment will convince the electronics to power up the DC to DC converter.

I have Premium version with out power or charge tank. stuck. If with just humidity environment from my garage cause this problem, it will not be funny if I will drive on the rain.

Where is the DC-DC converter module, which place?

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2020, 01:08:38 AM »

I'm not sure where the DC to DC converter is housed. If it's the problem, it will be covered under warranty.

The first couple of weeks I had my SR/S, I rode it in nearly daily rainstorms without a problem, just as I did previously with my SR. I never had a problem with the SR, even after it was parked outside and covered over the holidays in rain. During the coronavirus lockdown, my SR/S developed an isolation fault while parked and covered after a particularly bad rainstorm. Maybe I should have ridden it everyday. It eventually recovered after a few sunny and windy days sitting in the sun and uncovered. Not ideal.
2020 Zero SR/S

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2020, 01:39:12 AM »

The DC-DC converter is in the tank area around the bin (I can't recall whether it's on the right side or forward of the bin).

The 12V battery charges while riding, AND it charges intermittently while parked, but on what schedule, I could not tell you. I just know that to work on the SRF/SRS, you need to not only key the bike off but remove B+ and B- fuses because of this feature.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2020, 02:08:23 AM »

Did this happen to you after riding in rain? Anyway I think you might have the same issues as I have and a few others with their SR/F. Check this topic https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=9668.0
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

GeneralSP

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2020, 02:58:08 AM »

Did this happen to you after riding in rain? Anyway I think you might have the same issues as I have and a few others with their SR/F. Check this topic https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=9668.0

I never ride in rain, my bike is new 144k. Crap, I think the SR/F an S is very bad, I regret my SR  :(
Pages: [1] 2