• May 06, 2024, 01:24:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero FX 2013 turns on only once after removing/inserting the battery  (Read 302 times)

winfried

• View Profile
    • Atelier Algorythmics

Hello,

I got an old black FX-2013 bike, everything fine so far, except one failure:

1) If the turn on with key it closes contactors (clicks) and I can ride it as expected.
2) If I turn it off, and then on again it does not close the contactors (or more excact I hear no clicks) anymore and it does not move.
3) If I remove battery modules manually and slide it in again -> goto 1)

It is the same if I use one battery or the other or both.
I can use it, but this is uncomfortable.

Anybody has seen this behavior, what could it be, what could I inspect ?

Any hint or guess is appreciated.

mfG
 Winfried
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 01:16:11 AM by winfried »
peugeot elecscoot 1999 ... Zero XU 2014

Kappi

• View Profile

Does the contactor click open when you key the bike off (after successful handle-starting it)?
1992 Yamaha FZR 1000
1996 Honda CB "Two Fiffty"
2017 Zero SR 13.0 (14.4)

winfried

• View Profile
    • Atelier Algorythmics

Does the contactor click open when you key the bike off (after successful handle-starting it)?

Yes, I  it does (more silently, I believe I hear it).

But maybe I can measure it somewhere ?

mfg winfried

Auriga

• View Profile

You can easily tell if the contactor is closed by measuring the voltage on the two large pins on the accessory charge connector. If you can read pack voltage, the contactor is closed.

I believe the way the ignition is wired is that 12V comes from the BMS to the ignition switch and then is read by the MBB. If it's that easy to reproduce, I'd see if I can measure the 12V on the ignition at all times.
If you can, then I would suspect your MBB. If you can't, then I'd suspect the BMS. Finally, it can't hurt to check continuity across the ignition, maybe there's something odd there.

winfried

• View Profile
    • Atelier Algorythmics

You can easily tell if the contactor is closed by measuring the voltage on the two large pins on the accessory charge connector. If you can read pack voltage, the contactor is closed.

I believe the way the ignition is wired is that 12V comes from the BMS to the ignition switch and then is read by the MBB. If it's that easy to reproduce, I'd see if I can measure the 12V on the ignition at all times.
If you can, then I would suspect your MBB. If you can't, then I'd suspect the BMS. Finally, it can't hurt to check continuity across the ignition, maybe there's something odd there.
Thank you for the hint, I will do the measurements, beginning next week and try to follow the ignition key cables and report back.

mfG
 winfried
Pages: [1]