• May 06, 2024, 02:41:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Curious about clicking sound  (Read 6961 times)

spelunker

• View Profile
Curious about clicking sound
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 12:31:13 AM »

What my dealer told me was that it is a pretty easy fix once he gets the part. It involves where the sprocket connects to the motor. I don't think it would be very difficult for you to change. You'll just have to get them to expedite the correct size part to you.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:27:48 AM by spelunker »

TargeT

• $.58 a kWh... and I ride electric?
    • View Profile
Re: Curious about clicking sound
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 12:59:11 AM »

I talked to the sales manager and he is making some phone calls, hopefully good things will result :)
I wonder where I can charge my batteries from at work...

TargeT

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 09:13:12 PM »

I talked to the sales manager and he is making some phone calls, hopefully good things will result :)

Got a call back today, they said "well I guess if zero has to fly one of us down there that's what we'll have to do" haha,, Oh darn, flying down to the caribien to fix a bike.. haha

spelunker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 10:12:01 PM »

Hey, what ever it takes, right?  Maybe he'll bring a bike and you can show him around!

cirrus pete

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 11:29:59 PM »

Hey, what ever it takes, right?  Maybe he'll bring a bike and you can show him around!
Is that an allowable carry on? :)

DesignerDan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 11:45:27 PM »

Hmm I wonder if someone is flying down to fix my bike and they are going to knock yours out too while they are down here...since we both bought ours from Florida motorsports

TargeT

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 12:23:06 AM »

Hmm I wonder if someone is flying down to fix my bike and they are going to knock yours out too while they are down here...since we both bought ours from Florida motorsports

well, it sounded like he was joking about flying a guy down from FL motorsports to here... which would be about 1/4th the cost of shipping my bike back there then back here again.

He mentioned your bike & said it was more of an electrical issue, mine is just a simple mechanical issue it sounds like.

spelunker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 08:21:31 PM »

Well, it took Zero eight days to get the parts to my dealer. I'm a little disheartened by the lack of urgency on Zero's part. I had a faulty fuse holder earlier and it took about that long to get that part here, also. In the age of next-day shipping, that to me is unacceptable. But, they replaced both the key and sprocket and the problem seems to be fixed, so I can close the ticket in this repair. I just hope nothing else developes!

TargeT

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 11:22:30 PM »

Well, it took Zero eight days to get the parts to my dealer. I'm a little disheartened by the lack of urgency on Zero's part. I had a faulty fuse holder earlier and it took about that long to get that part here, also. In the age of next-day shipping, that to me is unacceptable. But, they replaced both the key and sprocket and the problem seems to be fixed, so I can close the ticket in this repair. I just hope nothing else developes!

they are shipping me the part (and hopfully instructions) so I can get this fixed also... hopefully it's not too difficult.

Rossi46

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 02:06:18 AM »

Targe T,

I think it will end up being a front sproket key issue, it could be fixed by a local automotive dealer if Zero give you a service bulletin to fix the issue. Save you 1400 on shipping.

All the best,

TargeT

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 01:06:42 AM »

Targe T,

I think it will end up being a front sproket key issue, it could be fixed by a local automotive dealer if Zero give you a service bulletin to fix the issue. Save you 1400 on shipping.

All the best,

They are shipping me the part so I can fix it myself (there are no motorcycle shops / mechanics on this island)

so a little bit of wrench time and I should be good :) (of course... now my bike isn't responding to the throttle, so all I can do is sit on it and pretend I'm riding, but that's a seperate issue)

zerotracer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 05:28:46 PM »

Some pictures of the problem might be good, so we know what is making the sound  :)
Yamaha FZ6 S2 - 2008 "sold"
Zero S ZF9 - 2012 - production nr. 0014 "sold"
Zero S ZF11.4 - 2013 - production nr. 2887 - firmware updated 12/3-14 - new BMS board 28/7-14 - ZF12.5 battery upgrade 20/4-16

Denmark Europe

TargeT

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2013, 07:27:48 PM »

Some pictures of the problem might be good, so we know what is making the sound  :)

I'll see if i can get a video, it's just a noise you hear & sort of "feel" while riding, a quiet clicking when doing anything but moderate-hard acceleration. it doesn't sound "violent" or "bad" in anyway; but it's loud enough that you definately notice it over the quiet noises of the bike.

spelunker

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 07:44:55 AM »

Well fine!  After replacing the key and the front sprocket, the clicking sound did not cease. I wonder, could the sound be coming from the motor itself?  The sound is not as pronounced as before and it stops sooner than it used to.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »

To check if the sound is coming from the motor, you could elevate the rear wheel by placing the bike on a stand, then (with a helper holding the bike steady and turning on the throttle slightly) use a mechanic's stethoscope (available from any auto parts store for around $10) to listen to the motor's noise by touching the case with the stethoscope's probe. If the noise is coming from the motor you will clearly hear it through the 'scope.  If the sound is coming from somewhere else, you can move the probe around until you pinpoint its location. Just keep the probe away from the moving belt, sprockets or wheel.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5