• May 04, 2024, 11:03:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Setting up brake light for regen  (Read 2333 times)

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
Re: Setting up brake light for regen
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 12:30:13 AM »

Why not use the cable clutch to a box like the zero carts use, I'll get a pic when I get home
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 04:00:56 AM »

If I recall there is a 4000rpm limit built into the sevcon where it will not regen anything higher and the closer you get to 4000 the less you will feel the regen. This is in place to prevent the sevcon from throwing faults which might cause it to restart or shutdown.
On my 2014 Zero SR there is a 4500rpm limit set in the MBB for regen. This limit can be increased so that you can get full regen from whatever your maximum motor speed is (default max motor speed is 6,000rpm so you would set the regen max to the same 6,000 rpm). This does not generate any faults or cutouts on the Zero SR 2014 using regen up to 6,000rpm.
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

oobflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 11:07:35 PM »

From another thread (thanks nigezero):

Hey guys; FYI, I fitted a "GearBrake" to my 14 DS last week and it is so far working like a dream. It activates the brake lights with a triple flash AND more importantly for "regen-ers", also activates under rapid deceleration. I wrote a little review and added a video here http://motoelectro.com.au/very-cool-device-for-ebike-owners/

I ordered one and installed it - works great!

When I removed the seat on my SR I didn't see any flat surface (vertical or horizontal) so I made a small bracket and used the screw that holds the insulation shroud down at the rear.

This seems like an elegant solution to the regen-braking/brake light problem. I hope Zero integrates this in the future.

2021 Energica Ribelle, 2015 Zero SR, 2012 Zero ZF9, 2007 Vectrix VX-1 Li+, 2012 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Nissan Leaf, 2020 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2023 Tesla Model Y

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 01:52:37 AM »

From another thread (thanks nigezero):

Hey guys; FYI, I fitted a "GearBrake" to my 14 DS last week and it is so far working like a dream. It activates the brake lights with a triple flash AND more importantly for "regen-ers", also activates under rapid deceleration. I wrote a little review and added a video here http://motoelectro.com.au/very-cool-device-for-ebike-owners/

I ordered one and installed it - works great!

When I removed the seat on my SR I didn't see any flat surface (vertical or horizontal) so I made a small bracket and used the screw that holds the insulation shroud down at the rear.

This seems like an elegant solution to the regen-braking/brake light problem. I hope Zero integrates this in the future.

Just to chime in, I got this and installed it using just judicious use of a zip-tie, and it works great.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 01:58:51 AM »

I will add simply shaving off < 1mm from my brake lever lets me activate my rear brake lights without applying my brakes ...

As for flashing I love my skene's design IQ160TS when applied to the 60 LED's on my top case ;)
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9
Pages: 1 [2]