• May 06, 2024, 05:42:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Can't wait for the street version! Spoke to rep  (Read 1942 times)

drivethruecp

• View Profile
Can't wait for the street version! Spoke to rep
« on: March 21, 2008, 11:00:51 PM »

I called and spoke a sales rep at Zero yesterday about the bike and am really excited to see what they come up with. He gave me a price of $7,950 and could put a $2000 deposit down. He said the frame was NASA engineered (a bit crude looking, but nothing a little plastic couldn't cover up). He said they were going to be assembling the test version in the next 2 weeks and are currently swamped with keeping up orders on the ZERO X. He had said that the batteries would last 1000 cycles, as you may know, and would cost $2000 or $3000 to replace, I can't recall. He said that it should be ready by the summer. I've been comparing to the Enertia and the Quantya, and although both of these bikes definitely have the better styling, the Zero has the technology from what I can gather reading around. I also contacted Quantya a while back and they are working on a US version of they're Strada (DOT street legal). Although I love my 2006 Husqvarna TE450 (DOT street-legal MX competition dirtbike), I can't wait to replace it with a Zero. The only worry I have, is although they aren't new to the game and have a reputable background in Mt. Bikes, these are first generation bikes. Just like cars, shouldn't you wait for at least the second one...?

Why don't we compare/contrast the Quantya to the Zero...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 08:38:57 AM by drivethruecp »
2017 Zero DSR Power Tank

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't wait for the street version! Spoke to rep
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 06:55:11 AM »

The only worry I have, is although they aren't new to the game and have a reputable background in Mt. Bikes, these are first generation bikes. Just like cars, shouldn't you wait for at least the second one...?

Well, you are talking to a guy who bought a Cannondale e440.   You should wait for the 3rd one when a bicycyle company creates a motorcycle.  :D

Actually this is a whole different company and a whole different technology so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

I found a comparison somewhere of the two bikes, might provide a start.  I will post back...

xring

• View Profile
Re: Can't wait for the street version! Spoke to rep
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 09:20:34 PM »

Is the street-legal version of the Zero available yet?  If so, what is the pricing? 

The Quantya Strada is $10,700 (not including taxes, destination charges, and shipping)!!!  WOW!
Pages: [1]