• May 04, 2024, 09:27:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero installing old tires on new bikes?  (Read 924 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Zero installing old tires on new bikes?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 12:58:58 PM »

Maybe ridden with very low pressure?  But mine would seem to prove it has to be more than just age.  Mine just have past the 10k mile mark so they've seen plenty of use as well.
So yeah it looks like they got an older batch from somewhere but the age alone isn't the problem.

I can't tell how deep those cracks are but to me an instant blowout from the sidewall wouldn't be something I'd risk.

Good luck with it man and ride safe.

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 09:52:27 PM »

Maybe ridden with very low pressure?  But mine would seem to prove it has to be more than just age.  Mine just have past the 10k mile mark so they've seen plenty of use as well.
So yeah it looks like they got an older batch from somewhere but the age alone isn't the problem.

I can't tell how deep those cracks are but to me an instant blowout from the sidewall wouldn't be something I'd risk.

Good luck with it man and ride safe.

Thanks. I appreciate all the feedback, and nice to know I'm not the only one with old tires coming from Zero. Hopefully no one else will have an issue. New tire coming monday

flattetyre

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 12:47:42 AM »

The oldest tire was 2 years old when the bike was new and this cracking happened under the owner's "care."

Zero did NOT sell your bike with old tires! Stop making that crap up!

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 04:02:11 AM »

The oldest tire was 2 years old when the bike was new and this cracking happened under the owner's "care."

Zero did NOT sell your bike with old tires! Stop making that crap up!

Always nice to have an expert on here to set us all straight.
I came on here to find out if this was a problem. I've only owned the bike for 7 months and have know idea what the previous owner did to this bike. I came on here to get answers and your comments don't help, so if you dont have anything constructive to say than please keep your criticism to youself.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 04:28:21 AM by alko »

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 06:51:54 AM »

Never mind the drama.

Defective tires do get sold. I've seen that happen before. In one case, a large bulge had formed on the tire sidewall. Michelin was contacted and they replaced the tire. You might contact Pirelli and see if they might have an opinion and/or make some sort of deal?

flattetyre

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 07:14:34 AM »

If you don't want to get called out, don't say Zero sold you a bike with old tires when they didn't.

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 07:49:45 AM »

If you don't want to get called out, don't say Zero sold you a bike with old tires when they didn't.

Give over it already!
Pages: 1 [2]