• May 07, 2024, 01:32:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: If your 2013+ Zero been completely reliable, please post here...  (Read 6164 times)

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
Re: If your 2013+ Zero been completely reliable, please post here...
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 01:14:47 AM »

My DSR has been trouble free since late March.  Just passed 2500 miles.  I did have to adjust the belt a couple of times (too tight), but that's routine.

[3500 mile update] Still trouble free!  Miles slowing down as its getting cold here in the North East.

Steve
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 05:59:15 AM by stevenh »
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

bullitt133

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 12:19:35 AM »

Model Year- 2016
Model- FXS
Purchase date (mo/yr)- July 2016
Mileage- 4500
Modifications? If so, what?- Integrated Radar detector, 2 - USB ports, LED turn signals (rear LED strips), added 5 - 12V accessory ports and soft saddle bags. Oh yeah, swapped stock tires for Continental ContiAttack.....MUCH better!
Primary terrain during use (city, highway, dirt, combo, etc)- Mainly paved roads but I do take a few trails 1-2 times a week to break up the monotony. 
Max/min/average ambient temperatures during use- Max 32C (90F) /Min 2C (35F) /Avg 25C (75F)

Enjoy the bike more everyday.  About a month ago I was coming into work and it was a bit rainy.  Still being a bit new to this torque monster and enjoying the bit of drift in the water I got a bit too "heavy" on the throttle when the rear tire hit a tar strip.  So I laid it down and spun the bike around.  After riding for 35+ years the first thing I started thinking was a checklist of items I needed to start fixing so I could get the bike ride able to get to work.....then it dawned on me.  No fuel leaking, no oil leaking and the gear shift couldn't have broken off or the clutch lever.  This is the best wreck I have ever had.  I started pushing the bike to the side of the road and thought, why.  Turned the throttle and let it push its self, man I love this bike!  Straightened the bars and double checked everything and I was off to work.  :-)
Note: I did kick the ground as I was going down hard enough to cause my big toe to swell up and turn nice colors (nothing broken).  This through my race boots.  Hate to imagine if I was wearing anything else!!
2016 Zero FXS

Ranga

• 2015 Zero FX 5.7
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 09:40:23 AM »

Model Year- 2015
Model- FX 5.7
Purchase date (mo/yr)- 5/15
Mileage- 5300mi
Modifications? If so, what?- Givi top case (not through Zero), crash bars and mirrors.
Primary terrain during use (city, highway, dirt, combo, etc)- city, rarely off roads
Max/min/average ambient temperatures during use- 45-55, commuting with a lot of highway miles.

No real issues, although it sometimes underestimates the SOC while recharging, making me panic.  Its ran out of juice twice, both due to my mistakes.
2015 Zero FX

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 11:01:04 AM »

Model Year- 2015

Model- FX ZF6.5

Purchase date (mo/yr)- August 2016

Mileage- purchased 5500, now 7000

Modifications? If so, what?- eBay "large" windshield (from China), $25 Chinese top case, Zero rear rack, Zero drop bar, Wolo Bad Boy air horn, Comagination headlight modulator, EBC X type (TT in Europe) front brake pads, and it looks like the previous owner installed a tower type LED tail light bulb.

Primary terrain during use (city, highway, dirt, combo, etc)- Interstate and city commute (about 13 miles one way), some local errands.

Max/min/average ambient temperatures during use- 32 to 90 F. Mostly 55-75.

Changed the brake pads due to howling noise when stopping. (Now they're noisy when wet.) Changed brake fluid. No problems so far.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Clay
DoD #2160,6

What_clutch

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 01:59:18 PM »

Model Year- 2016

Model- SR

Purchase date (mo/yr)- 6/21/16

Mileage- 4,928

Modifications? If so, what?- LED head light, blinkers, windscreen, ZERO rack and Givi top case.

Primary terrain during use (city, highway, dirt, combo, etc)- city and highway with a little canyon in between.

Max/min/average ambient temperatures during use- I live in SoCal so given it doesn't get too cold here.. on chilly nights around 60's the motor temp on highway never gets about 110 but during the summer when it's 90+ I'll see temps in the mid 140's otherwise during normal city it never goes above 130 unless I'm giving it the full enchilada light to light.

Only issue I guess you can say I've had is some surging when I've got the throttle partially open on downhills and it's deciding whether it's going to use power & torque otherwise she's been trouble free  ;D

LateLifeCrises

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 01:07:47 AM »

Model Year- 2015
Model- S 12.5
Purchase date (mo/yr)- July 2015
Mileage- 7500 miles
Modifications? If so, what?- Corbin Seat
Primary terrain during use (city, highway, dirt, combo, etc)- City, Highway
Max/min/average ambient temperatures during use- Max 90 deg F, Min 41 deg F

The bike has been completely reliable but I did have a few issues.

1) The belt made an annoying noise at low speeds (5-18 MPH).
The dealer sprayed silicone on the belt but the noise persisted. I discovered my belt tension was way too high (45 kg).
The noise disappeared after I lowered the belt tension to 26 kg.

2) The end of the power cord would get very hot when charging. This was solved by making a cheater cord that plugs into a 220 V outlet. The charging time is the same but since the current is cut in half the cord stays at room temperature.

johnphillips390

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »

2015 SR, 8000kms and completely trouble free. Daily commute in all weather and temp ranging from 1C to 45C and speeds 70 to 110kph

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2012 Volt
2013 E-Rider Lightning EV Scooter
2015 Zero SR

nmollard1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 05:27:39 PM »

2016 DSR - purchased 9/30/16 with 147 miles on it.

As of 10/26/16, Have 1543 miles on it.  Daily ride, all weather, am in Houston so, it could be considered a submarine.

Mods - Skene design visibility lights front and rear.  Front with turn signal, rear just brake and incorporated the stock brake light. Zero side and top case and windscreen.  Planned is a water proof SAE connector for heated gear, LED running light and blinkers, USB charger, street tires.

Before any additions, my ride took 40% to 45%, after screen and bags, 30% to 35%.

Only problem was a flashing dashboard, once.  turn off and back on cleared the issue.

I put about 1200/month on a bike, I will post again when I get more time.

gman669

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2016, 04:56:09 AM »

5300 miles on 15 fx with zero issues
2015 Zero FX
Lots of gas powered stuff...

gingerjet

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2016, 11:53:32 PM »

Model Year- 2016
Model- S ZF9.8
Purchase date (mo/yr)- April 2016
Mileage- 2200
Modifications? If so, what?- windscreen
Primary terrain during use (city, highway, dirt, combo, etc)- city and california highway (70 to 80mph).  never in rain not because of the bike but because of California drivers can't drive in the rain
Max/min/average ambient temperatures during use- don't keep track

As a side note my plan was to buy a new car a couple of months ago but as the bike as proven so reliable i've keep delaying the purchase. 

Skidz

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2016, 02:59:34 PM »

Model year: 2016
Model: DSR ZF13
Purchase date: 23rd of sept 2016
Mileage: 2000 ish
Modifications?: None yet, but windscreen/topcase and rack/Quick(ish)charger are incoming
Primary terrain during use (city, highway, dirt, combo, etc)- Highway 60miles/day and touring on secundary roads at about 50 mph average
Max/min/average ambient temperatures during use- 91F/41F/57F

No problems whatsoever yet, but the local Zero shop is going to add the missing accessories  this week so that might shift the balance a bit ;)

ZeroPointZero

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2016, 05:07:07 AM »

My 2014 Zero SR with power tank was perfect during a 8,640 mile road trip this past summer!  The only issue was a broken belt, but that was my fault for riding in the dirt and getting a rock caught up in there.  Otherwise riding through the heat, rain, wind, altitudes, fast charging, etc. worked out great! 

I had plenty of challenges along the way, but the bike was completely reliable and rock solid!  (The challenges all involved securing and executing fast charging with 3rd party chargers.  The onboard charger worked like a champ!)

So were you able to fast charge with a power tank installed?  I thought the two were mutually exclusive?

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2016, 05:10:43 AM »

So were you able to fast charge with a power tank installed?  I thought the two were mutually exclusive?

The charge tank and the power tank are mutually exclusive because they both get installed in the tank area.  Fast charging and the power tank are not mutually exclusive.  @benswing has 2 Elcons mounted on the side case mounts and this year he had a DigiNow Super Charger sitting on the back seat.  They are all connected through the aux charge port which is the anderson connector above the motor and can be used if you have a power tank.
2014 Zero S

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
  • Portola Valley, California
    • View Profile
    • Angler Wranglers Demolition Co., est 1895
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2016, 06:59:38 AM »

My wife and I purchased 2 of the 2014 DS models. Her's has been great, outside of a contactor failure on the ride out of the dealer (I dropped off the bike, and the manufacturer delivered it to my home, 40 miles away).  Mine has experienced chronic charging indicator problems, but we can live with that. We also keep them unplugged, remembering to plug in the night before a ride.

Model Year- 2014
Model- DS
Purchase date (mo/yr)- ~07/2014
Mileage- ~1500
Modifications? If so, what?- Changed tires upon purchase.
Primary terrain during use? touring through the Santa Cruz mountains
Max/min/average ambient temperatures during use- 70s-90s.

We always return, after 3-4 hours of riding, with >30% charge, since most speeds are under 45 mph.
2014 Zero DS "Wrangler", PowerTank, 25T drive sprocket: www.AnglerWranglers.com

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2016, 08:54:43 AM »

Model Year-  '15
Model- SR
Purchase date (mo/yr)-  4/15
Mileage-  2,600
Modifications? If so, what?- EBC brake pads
Primary terrain during use (city, highway, dirt, combo, etc)- Highway
Max/min/average ambient temperatures during use- 90/40/75F

I bought it used at 500 miles with a known problem it had from when the first owner bought it as a demo bike. Fixed u der warranty (replaced motor controller, updated firmware). No issues at all since then, other than needing to adjust the belt tension and the squeaky brakes (mostly cured with the EBC pads). I keep it unplugged, unless I expect to ride it, and usually do not leave it 100% charged for long. Typically, do not use more than 1/2 its range before recharging.   
'15 Zero SR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4