• May 12, 2024, 08:14:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: DS mods  (Read 1742 times)

eyeinsky

• View Profile
    • Elevation Aerial Operation
DS mods
« on: July 21, 2014, 06:19:14 AM »

So here's some of the custom mods to my bike, big charger removed skid plate removed. I will at the plastic side pieces later but will make them removable for off-roading. I like to add smaller charge later to keep as acc on or off unit. I also modified the tail light plate assembly.

I will get the new skid plate powder coated.

Cheers Jerry 

motorfiets

• View Profile
Re: DS mods
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 06:37:38 AM »

I like!!  8)

eyeinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 06:09:50 PM »

Here's how the side panels will look like. I turned them in to functional ram air scoops for the motor aeria.

Cheers Jerry

eyeinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 10:22:50 PM »

Ok so now I have the double Delta Q charging station at home and no charger on the bike. I was going to install a small charger 1.5kg 3A 72v charger it would be like this one listed below.
Has anyone had any use of one of these and or made a small chatger like this work on thier bike?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221268680051

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 05:39:47 PM »

What do you need to do to remove the onboard charger and can you readily reconnect it afterwards as an offboard charger?

Thanks
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

eyeinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:21:32 AM »

What do you need to do to remove the onboard charger and can you readily reconnect it afterwards as an offboard charger?

Thanks

It's weight is 20 lb, it reduces ground clearance by 2 inches. I have quick charge cable form my old XU and i can connect both chargers to one plug at 24 amp total charge.

Jerry

eyeinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 01:24:21 AM »

two more plate fabricated today, last one will close of the back of the motor.

Cheers

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 01:31:51 AM »

Looks very nice, and quite rugged. You don't say what year your bike is, but it looks like the old instrument cluster. Does that instrument cluster show you engine temp like the new one does?

I'd be very interested in knowing how effective the air scoops are at keeping the motor cool, if you can get that information. It seems odd to me that Zero didn't even add the simplest scoop into their body parts to deflect air towards the motor.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

eyeinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 02:09:22 AM »

Looks very nice, and quite rugged. You don't say what year your bike is, but it looks like the old instrument cluster. Does that instrument cluster show you engine temp like the new one does?

I'd be very interested in knowing how effective the air scoops are at keeping the motor cool, if you can get that information. It seems odd to me that Zero didn't even add the simplest scoop into their body parts to deflect air towards the motor.

2012 DS never had cooling issues  yet. i hope to not start.... ram air should take care of it!!

Jerry

eyeinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 02:16:47 AM »

I will share my bike lift with you all.. It's a 600lb scissor lift from Pricesauto.com. Works awesome!

eyeinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 07:19:31 AM »

Here's a few more pics. Its mostly finished. I will be powder coating the sheet metal with textured black coating like the frame. I will install a temp gauge temporarily to measure the heat of the motor.

aelwero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 01:46:37 AM »

remove the charger...  20lbs...  hm...   that would be cheaper than buying the 1772 adapter so I can use public stations.  I currently am "locked in" to charging only at home, because all the public stations here are sans 110 outlets :/

I'm apparently quite the minimalist...  my entire tail section and all the plastic are removed.  planning to remove the rear seat horns, relocate controller on top of the battery, and fab a much lower seat, so that I can eventually create or buy a short windscreen and have both as little weight as possible, and a smaller and mildly streamlined front cross section. 

pushing air takes a lot of electrons... a one sq ft home fabbed plexi square made a noticable improvement in economy.  Sounds odd, but it helps on the freeway quite a bit :)
"Popular culture believes that Americans no longer want to make anything themselves... that they are happy to have somebody else do it for us.

I've never believed this. The US is full of capable and brilliant designers and dreamers. I encourage you to be one of them. You can do this"

Craig Vetter

eyeinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 05:30:22 AM »

I agree any reduction air drag and faring will help, even this little light fairing make a difference on the highway. My new lower fairing shins are in the paint shop for powder coating. This new little light assembly has LED driving lights there for the main 55w head light can be  turned off with a switch on the ground wire.

eyeinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 04:15:47 AM »

Complete powder coating.

Pages: [1]