• May 18, 2024, 09:50:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: Zero SR/F  (Read 30225 times)

Fred

• View Profile
Zero SR/F
« on: January 03, 2019, 02:31:51 PM »

It seems to just be teaser info at the moment, but interesting that they're claiming a "new platform"...
https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-srf/
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Ndm

• View Profile
Re: Zero SR/F
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 05:42:03 PM »

Let the speculation begin! I'm wondering if the "F" stands for fast charge (as in CCS/chademo), judging by the picture it doesn't mean fairing, unless the headlight fairing counts?
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

Haag13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 07:39:43 PM »

I strongly believe it means fairing, but that picture makes me wonder.  Although it doesn't reveal much, it doesn't reveal much of a fairing.   
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 07:41:42 PM by Haag13 »

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 08:05:09 PM »

Surely someone else is better at photo editing than I am.  I brightened up the pic to get a better look.  I'm not the best at this, but to kick start the conversation, I see:

1.  Handgrips look upgraded
2.  LED headlight
3.  Red stripe on tank - where have I seen that before recently?  Looks like there's also a red version with white stripe.
4.  Something looks strange/different to me about the fender, but with just the one angle, I can't quite place it.
5.  The display is different, or it's got a new plastic cover.

I'm going to take a guess that this will be something like the Black Forest Edition that packages a few upgrades to make it "premium".

Edit:  I found this:

"On 25.02.2019, the wait is over! - The new SR / F from ZERO MOTORCYCLES is presented!

It's only known that this is a Naked Bike / Streetfighter bike that will be outfitted with the latest electronic helmets such as Traction Control, Curve-ABS, etc., which are also necessary for the enormous performance data! The maximum torque will easily surpass the 150 Nm of the previous Zero Motorcyles top model, and also the performance and top speed will be far higher. Zero Motorcycles at it's best! www.zeromotorcycles.at"  at https://www.1000ps.at/motorrad-haendler-news-detail-161326-chilli-x-news-die-neue-zero-motorcycles-sr-f

I've never been to that website before, so I don't know who they are or what they represent, but it appears to be presented as fact, not speculation.

Edit:  The above quote is also found on www.zeromotorcycles.at, which I assume is an officially sanctioned Zero website in Austria.  http://www.zeromotorcycles.at/index_at.html
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 11:43:30 PM by domingo3 »
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 08:39:33 PM »

F for fast?

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 08:44:15 PM »

2020 Zero SR/S
Previously: 2016 Zero SR

ashnazg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 08:56:37 PM »

I think it's going to be F for Fudge, as in the "Oh Fudge" edition...

2015 Zero SR
2015 Zero FX (previous bike)
2011 Zero XU (previous bike)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 09:35:20 PM »

I thought the "F" stood for "Fancy."
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

drivin98

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 09:41:12 PM »

The "R" already indicates a fast version. F obviously stands for f***!

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 10:01:39 PM »

I signed up for the email although I'll see it here first.

Have yall seen Brandon's post for his super FX on FB (130MPH)?  I hope he lives long enough to make a video on it.
I thought a FX(S)R was on the way and this bike was it but it looks more like an Eva I guess.

syncsynchalt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 10:29:13 PM »

F is obviously for Farkle.  The new model will have more handlebar space for GPS mounts than any other EV on the market!

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 10:36:59 PM »

Well the email says 2/25/19 so we got to wait.

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 10:59:41 PM »

"Much more than a new model, the Zero SR / F is a completely new platform, the Zero SR / F combines state-of-the-art technology with the most powerful powertrain ever produced by Zero Motorcycles," says official spokesman .   

"Zero Motorcycles announces the imminent arrival of a new machine. The SR / F born of a blank sheet is presented as the 'biggest leap in brand since its inception', the appointment is set at the end of February."

from https://www.caradisiac.com/zero-motorcycles-une-nouvelle-moto-en-approche-la-sr-f-173464.htm

What gives?  I've only seen statements about higher performance on foreign language sites.  The one above is referenced as a quote from an official spokesman.  Am I looking at the wrong places, or is it really not on Zero's website or anywhere in English?  Are these other sites making stuff up, are they leaking information that's supposed to be close-hold, or is this all done with a purpose?

With a 2018 that fits my needs, I'm not on the market to buy anything.  However, I'd love to test ride one.

Updated list:

1.  Handgrips look upgraded
2.  LED headlight
3.  Red stripe on tank - where have I seen that before recently?  Looks like there's also a red version with white stripe.
4.  Something looks strange/different to me about the fender, but with just the one angle, I can't quite place it.
5.  The display is different, or it's got a new plastic cover.
6.  Traction control
7.  Cornering ABS
8.  More power and torque -> higher top speed

It's not much of a stretch to guess that this will carry a premium price tag.  It's probably not a coincidence that the electric Harley starts taking pre-orders this month.  I'll wager the SR/F will have little things to match the LiveWire like color display and a good chance at bigger things like fast charge capability.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 12:06:14 AM by domingo3 »
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

Haag13

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 02:30:10 AM »

We've been told for years that the difficulty to wheelie and the lack of initial snap in "throttle" response has been caused by Zero's programming which was done to prevent unintentional wheel spin or looping.  Hopefully, with integrated traction control, Zero will allow a more direct power response or maybe, if we're lucky, user controllable power response, beyond just the custom map which doesn't really allow much tuning.   

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 02:44:39 AM »

Possible the "F" stands for "Future."
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38